Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Emiliano Sala: Missing Premier League footballer's plane found

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
......https://news.sky.com/story/emiliano...hAcSqTxH7PTLD55GaF6FYNAYI6QPFRYvLGxNPOJkmY_6E

The plane that was carrying the missing Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala has been found, his family has been told.

A search boat located the wreckage on the seabed of the English Channel this morning.

The Piper Malibu aircraft disappeared from radars close to the Channel Islands on 22 January.

Both pilot David Ibbotson and the Argentinian footballer are missing presumed dead.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Sky News correspondent Tom Parmenter, who is in Guernsey in the Channel Islands, said: "It was early this morning at about 9am, the very early stages of the search that had got underway at first light this morning... that they saw something with the sonar equipment that they had on board.

"They carried out further passes over that area to pinpoint and have a closer look.

"They went through various stages of identification through the course of today, and David Mearns confirmed to me that they have now positively identified the wreckage as that of the plane that had been carrying the Argentinian footballer."

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A primitive single engine hobbyist plane, not much difference looking in shape to a spitfire with a passenger modification in design, flying over a cold English Channel on a dark night, should never have happened.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I never normally entertain tabloid journalism and the hypocrisy of the article is appalling but it really is quite damning of his ‘agent’ and the role he played in not only convincing Sala to join Cardiff but also potentially the slapdash nature of his use of this charter company in the first place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...ala-pawn-sordid-transfer-shames-football.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bloody tragic this

it was 60 years ago yesterday that Buddy Holly died
another unecessary tragedy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very sad indeed, and not helped by Nantes wanting their first installment on the transfer fee.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the bodies recovered. Not named yet though. Very sad.

I don't quite understand....maybe it is football, and the thought of what it would be if one of ours.....but every time I see a picture of his little face I well up. :(

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I would imagine identification will be made easier by Emiliano Sala's tattoos on his right arm (if they haven't been almost washed away by the sea salt water). Of course, the pilot may have also had tattoos but it's unlikely.

Such a tragic and bleak task having to identify the body. :(

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Tasteful advertising whilst I was reading that article.

2484814f4ecb90a44172ebf82d5368a0.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here