Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Time to split the Big Board?

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
There are two strands to the postings on The Big Board: 1) football related stuff, mostly about things to do with the Albion, but also including issues, events and thoughts about other clubs, players and football generally, and 2) stuff related to anything and everything in the rest of the Universe and totally irrelevant to anything to do with football. There's so many strands now does anyone else think its time to divide the Big Board into two (or more)?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Do you mean the NSC equivalent of Brexit?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
First world problem

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
No from me.

If you don't like what's in front of you, move on. I see plenty of threads I've zero interest in - so I don't click on them. Easy.

When we're about to have a game, or one is on, or just finished - it's all about football. Once we've all stopped clucking, it does down, then we talk about other stuff until the next game. I think that's good!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I think he means having an NSC football board and an NSC non-football board.

Can't see the point myself - there are many threads I just ignore if I'm not interested. No bother, no hassle, why change?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There’s one thing we could change.

Merge individual players threads, into one per player, rather than dozens for Locadia, for March, etc.

It’s the norm on arsenalmania, redandwhitekop, grandoldteam and redcafe.

A one stop shop to debate everything about a player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nope. Just ignore the stuff you’re not interested in.

Agree re multiple threads on the same players/things though. Bit more mod-merging needed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There are two strands to the postings on The Big Board: 1) football related stuff, mostly about things to do with the Albion, but also including issues, events and thoughts about other clubs, players and football generally, and 2) stuff related to anything and everything in the rest of the Universe and totally irrelevant to anything to do with football. There's so many strands now does anyone else think its time to divide the Big Board into two (or more)?

overdue

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ffs not again.

This crops up every other month.

No.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

No.

This question may now not be asked again until 2049.

Thank you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KMust be time for another “should we get rid of GOSBTS and replace it with something more modern thread :wink:

Haven’t had one for a while now, maybe some of our newer younger fans might be in favour?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This debate has happened so many times, the answer is always the same!

If I'm honest, I'm surprised NSC has not only survived but increased in popularity during this age of social media. Few clubs have a football forum as popular as this. I think it's in part due to its format - people come here for the football, but stay for all the other random topics.

It’s run so well by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], the mods and self policing (when you look at the spiteful crap elsewhere in football), there’s no chance for another widely popular Albion forum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here