Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's talk about GOSBTS again

When should GOSBTS be played? (You can chose more than one)

• As the players come out for the first half

Votes: 112 95.7%
  • As the players come out for the second half

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • At the final whistle if we win

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • At the final whistle if we draw

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • At the final whistle if we lose

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • When we score

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Never

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For some reason this season we seem to have started playing it at the end of the game regardless of the result, certainly for a win or draw. I think this started after the Man Utd game last season and I understood why but I'm not sure it's right.

I'm also not keen on playing it for the start of the second half, but maybe this is to get people out of the concourses (not that it works)

I think it should be played at the start, and at the end if we win. What are other people's thoughts?

p.s.) I loved the full throated singing of it a couple of times at Fulham, sounded great.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At the Start when the Albion come out it is the most moving piece of music in any football ground in the world.

Maybe at start of second half

But should be FBS Praise You for the end

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What as a ringtone?

#OneForTheKidz.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As the teams come out, for both halves.

Not after the final whistle.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At the Start when the Albion come out it is the most moving piece of music in any football ground in the world.

This.

I even liked I get Knocked Down, when we lost because it helped to keep our chin up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm sure I recall GOSBTS being played (just a short burst) at the Goldstone as the players ambled out for the start of the 2nd half, quite often only just fading as the ref blew for kick off.

I used to stand on the East and then moved to the North and still remember that all the lights would stay on in the West Stand for a good few minutes after the re-start - highlighting great wafts of cigar smoke swirling up into the rafters, before they were switched off one-by-one until darkness was restored in the West.

Happy days.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Not sure I agree with that, but it is a great entry theme synonymous with our club. At the start, and at the end if we win is the combination that does it for me.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
For some reason this season we seem to have started playing it at the end of the game regardless of the result, certainly for a win or draw. I think this started after the Man Utd game last season and I understood why but I'm not sure it's right.

I'm also not keen on playing it for the start of the second half, but maybe this is to get people out of the concourses (not that it works)

I think it should be played at the start, and at the end if we win. What are other people's thoughts?

p.s.) I loved the full throated singing of it a couple of times at Fulham, sounded great.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was Arsenal last season when it was first got played at full time. It was spontaneous, unexpected and seemed right for the occasion then, rather like when The Great Escape got reprised after the 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday in the promotion season.

It always gets the hair on the back of my neck up at the start. I like it at the start of the second half too, as when it stops a sprinkling of us in the West Upper carry on singing it until - 'for We're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea, we plough and sow and reap and mow, and useful men are we, and when you go to Sussex, whoever you may be, you may tell them all that we stand or fall, for Sussex by the Sea.' is completed.

I'd go back to 'Praise You' for full time. It suits better whatever the result.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I could be wrong, but I thought it was Arsenal last season when it was first got played at full time. It was spontaneous, unexpected and seemed right for the occasion then, rather like when The Great Escape got reprised after the 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday in the promotion season.

It always gets the hair on the back of my neck up at the start. I like it at the start of the second half too, as when it stops a sprinkling of us in the West Upper carry on singing it until - 'for We're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea, we plough and sow and reap and mow, and useful men are we, and when you go to Sussex, whoever you may be, you may tell them all that we stand or fall, for Sussex by the Sea.' is completed.

I'd go back to 'Praise You' for full time. It suits better whatever the result.

There are more and more joining in now!
well done.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Yep completely agree. Certainly not at the end of a game if we've lost or drawn - feels all wrong. Save it for "big" wins and even then only after Praise You or perhaps The Great Escape if appropriate.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Once, when the teams come out at start of game. Keeps it special.
Fat boy at the end

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Going up to win the cup Yep old school used to be much louder in the North at the Goldstone. The newbies look confused now when I feel like giving it a run out from time to time. It feels very robotic now especially with the words on the big screen which is very tinpot.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I love it at the start of the match... not so much for 2nd half... and really not at all after the match... win, lose or draw.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure I agree with that, but it is a great entry theme synonymous with our club. At the start, and at the end if we win is the combination that does it for me.

It was always the most moving piece of music played in a football ground anywhere in the world. It was just that nobody noticed when we lived in the (Propper) 3rd division :shrug:

Beats the hell out of that 50s American musical durge that Liverpool sing. Maybe they should change it to 'surrey with the fringe on top?'

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here