Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] ***Super Bowl LIII New England Patriots v Los Angeles Rams - Official Match Thread***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not long till the alleged greatest sports show on earth.

Starts at 23:30 and on BBC and Sky.

Come on Rams.........

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
17 years ago I promised myself I would only stay up for a SB when the Redskins made the final
Still living in hope that one day it’s going to happen, sigh.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
17 years ago I promised myself I would only stay up for a SB when the Redskins made the final
Still living in hope that one day it’s going to happen, sigh.

You might be waiting a while...!

Definitely cheering on the Rams this evening. Can’t stand the Patriots.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, I’ve got my popcorn, hotdogs, Bud, and have donned my cheerleader outfit. Know NOTHING about American footie, other than that it goes on a very long time, and expecting to have fallen asleep before kick off. But just in case, who should I be backing?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Fun Fact: according to a 2010 Wall Street Journal study of four football broadcasts, the ball was only in play for an average of 10 minutes and 43 seconds — approximately 4 seconds per play — even though an NFL telecast lasts about three hours.

I'll be watching though, because reasons.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
yes, meant to say preamble starts at 22.45, Radio just said Paul Ince on the panel of experts!

Really wish the BBC would stop doing this. Every year it is the same, some footballer or ex footballer comes on gives us some platitudes about the scale and excitement of it all and adds absolutely nothing to anyones knowledge or enjoyment :shrug:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
If only Brady and Belichick would come out and guarantee to retire if they win tonight... Would probably have the best part of a Billion people cheering them on if they did!

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
5:30 alarm tomorrow morning means I really shouldn't watch this, but I'm sorely tempted to ignore that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Fun Fact: according to a 2010 Wall Street Journal study of four football broadcasts, the ball was only in play for an average of 10 minutes and 43 seconds — approximately 4 seconds per play — even though an NFL telecast lasts about three hours.

I'll be watching though, because reasons.

CBS have a 4 hour pre match marathon of analysis etc, 30 minutes before kick off for national anthem, 30 minutes at half time for musical interlude - add it all together and you can stay glued to the tv for 8 hours - and some Americans will. The Superbowl party I'm going to starts about about 3 hours before kick off, giving everyone plenty of time for 2 of America's favourite passtimes - filling their faces and drinking piss poor beer

Jul 7, 2003
Only stay up when the Broncos are playing - can't see that happening for a while.

Will watch the pre-amble and then the first drive before heading off to bed. Will then watch the highlights at work in the morning.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Got some IPA in and a bottle of Cava if I run out. I was hoping my team the Steelers would be there but hey ho.

Rams must be underdogs so I'm with the Rams. Brady has too many rings.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
As per usual I'm:
About to head to the bar.
Cheering against the patriots.
Expecting to be disappointed.