Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Numerical Help

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
"...has brought an annual saving of £35-40,000" I'm completing an application letter and wish to know is this the correct way to boast about my financial impact in my current role.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Or
Has generated savings of .....
Has achieved savings of .......
Has realised savings of....

A bit more powerful than brought

Wouldn’t “over £40k” to date be better?

Good luck

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My biggest concern was that it could be read as I've only saved the company £35.

Should I write £35,000 to £40,000?

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
'has brought about,...annual saving..' and so on is all very passive language. They like Plain English now - so why not 'I have saved the company around £40,000 a year'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Despite saving close to £40,000 for the company, I received no acknowledgement or further remuneration for this achievement, and I am therefore looking for new opportunities where my expertise will be more appreciated

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"...has brought an annual saving of £35-40,000" I'm completing an application letter and wish to know is this the correct way to boast about my financial impact in my current role.

Are you Paul Barber and is this about forks?

???

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Despite saving close to £40,000 for the company, I received no acknowledgement or further remuneration for this achievement, and I am therefore looking for new opportunities where my expertise will be more appreciated

.... would make you look a right antsy dick who I certainly wouldn't want to employ!

If you're looking at working for a small privately owned company how about "my saving the company £35,00 -£40,000 last year helped my Managing Director get the Yacht he's always wanted..." :whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here