Some great names (or spelling mistakes) in the spurs line up

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I thought Bojan was on loan in Spain ??

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Most who played today should play in the cup on Wednesday. Would be great experience for them and protect the first team for a vital match against Burnley on Saturday. I suspect it won't happen but I don't think we should be taking risks as this weekends match is crucial in my view. The cup is not.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Most who played today should play in the cup on Wednesday. Would be great experience for them and protect the first team for a vital match against Burnley on Saturday. I suspect it won't happen but I don't think we should be taking risks as this weekends match is crucial in my view. The cup is not.

We have some 24 players to pick from in the senior squad. Do they all need resting? Confused.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We have some 24 players to pick from in the senior squad. Do they all need resting? Confused.

Not necessarily, but I see this as the perfect time to play say 5 of the U23's for their development whilst not taking many chances with too many of the 1st team squad.

I just feel that the priorites have changed (especially in the last few weeks with our league form dipping badly) and even though I think we will stay up (hopefully) there is often 1 team that drops from nowhere into the releagtion mire in the second half of the season and I just don't want it to be us. As much as I used to love the cup (my first ever match in 1975 was an FA Cup game) it just doesn't have the same thrill for me it did years ago, and I'd rather have a fully fit/fresh squad to pick from for what is a massive game on Saturday. Just my view.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not necessarily, but I see this as the perfect time to play say 5 of the U23's for their development whilst not taking many chances with too many of the 1st team squad.

I just feel that the priorites have changed (especially in the last few weeks with our league form dipping badly) and even though I think we will stay up (hopefully) there is often 1 team that drops from nowhere into the releagtion mire in the second half of the season and I just don't want it to be us. As much as I used to love the cup (my first ever match in 1975 was an FA Cup game) it just doesn't have the same thrill for me it did years ago, and I'd rather have a fully fit/fresh squad to pick from for what is a massive game on Saturday. Just my view.

Ok well I type from something of a romantic past in football. Liverpool once won the league and European Cup using 18 players in a whole season. Are people born these days with fatigue built in? Is it a bunch of nancy boys or over protected mummy's boys? Can 25 players, all earning in excess of £1 million a year not play maybe 50 games in a year without being tired? They don't even do a 9-5, they work for half a day and then play 90 minutes, maybe 180 minutes a week. Is anyone seriously telling me these poor souls get tired? I find it quite insulting to the bloke on the street that does his 40+ hours a week for what they earn in an hour. So, sorry, old school here and I don't subscribe to this tiredness bullshit. Put out a decent side and don't treat the FA Cup as a liability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here