Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sorry - I seem to have been under the misapprehension that you were a member. Apologies. As for the rest....until fairly recently Faversham had one black guy. I think there are three now. Portslade was similarly a monoculture when I grew up. Elsewhere.....I have been about a bit since I left school in 1976.... there are definitely pockets of ingrained attitudes in left and right wing thinkers, a burning hatred of those who 'subjugated' Palestine among some of the left (Livingstone, Galloway and Corbyn being examples), and an almost paranoid obsession with genetic and cultural 'purity' among some on the right. Not all, and not even a majority I suspect. But enough to be a canker, particularly now, in labour, where those who dress up their antisemitism as a noble pursuit of Palestinian liberation hold absolute sway in the party. Hence some of the recent labour defections.

Anyway, we both deplore racism so we certainly have that in common. :thumbsup:

That's OK Harry, maybe we should all leave politics well alone as there are so many convoluted and opposing problems within it ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have no knowledge of the workings of the Labour Party, I'm not a member and never have been, I have never attended a labour party meeting of any kind and I think I only know two " Chums " who regularly vote Labour and they are not members or attend meetings either etc etc. ergo anti Semitism does not come up in conversation at all. I don't even know if any of my friends or colleagues are Jewish, they may be but their religion /race is of no concern to me All I know is that the media say some people say they have been targeted and other parts of the media say it's being stamped out.

With respect, remember I have lived in Worthing all my life and I have never seen or heard of anything anti-jewish with my own eyes and ears.

I have been an active Labour member in Brighton and Eastbourne (even stood for election- lost tho) and I cannot recall hearing anything anti-semetic, I would have called it out if I had.
That's not to say it doesn't exist though, you do get some "odd" people in all political parties.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
....until fairly recently Faversham had one black guy. I think there are three now. Portslade was similarly a monoculture when I grew up.

For some reason that reminds me of an phone conversation I overheard in Comet in Guildford many moons ago, must have been late '90's as I was there with a mate to buy a Pioneer DVD player. Anyway there was this black guy chatting to someone on the phone, and he says "... nah, mate, I'm in Guildford... I've never seen so many f@cking Caucasians in my life!"

Not really relevant to the topic, but still makes me laugh to this day. :lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm sorry - I seem to have been under the misapprehension that you were a member. Apologies. As for the rest....until fairly recently Faversham had one black guy. I think there are three now. Portslade was similarly a monoculture when I grew up. Elsewhere.....I have been about a bit since I left school in 1976.... there are definitely pockets of ingrained attitudes in left and right wing thinkers, a burning hatred of those who 'subjugated' Palestine among some of the left (Livingstone, Galloway and Corbyn being examples), and an almost paranoid obsession with genetic and cultural 'purity' among some on the right. Not all, and not even a majority I suspect. But enough to be a canker, particularly now, in labour, where those who dress up their antisemitism as a noble pursuit of Palestinian liberation hold absolute sway in the party. Hence some of the recent labour defections.

Anyway, we both deplore racism so we certainly have that in common. :thumbsup:

This was touched upon by the leader of the Cons in Btn commenting on the latest swing in Btn Council to the tories. He talked about 'red Tories' and 'blue Labour' as a healthy set up to govern the city. Centralist politics is where we seem to be heading, extreme left or right attitudes are not the way forward, obviously. Now that Corbyn & Co have mangled the Labour Party (IMHO), it looks like a centralist party may emerge that could provide some effective governance at national level and an opportunity for MP's to actually achieve something that benefits the nation.

:shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm wondering how long before Tony Blair becomes their glorious leader.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm wondering how long before Tony Blair becomes their glorious leader.

Part of the reason why we're in this mess already.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It really is a sad state of affairs when wanting properly funded schools and hospitals is considered ‘hard left’ :facepalm:

It isn't.

Blair increased "per pupil" funding by 55%. He put in place plans for a 7% annual increase of NHS spending every year, from 1998-2008. That's staggering. He wasn't considered 'hard left' by any stretch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here