[News] MPs defecting to The Independent Group in parliament

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Gang of Seven.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stupid woman (Angela?) on at the moment...

No great loss.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Amused rather than excited. It is a non-event.

But it's showing as the main story on both The Daily Telegraph website and the Guido Fawkes right-wing, oddballs blog site though - it appears to be a huge event.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
But Atilla and his like will be on soon to tell us that there is noting wrong with the Labour Party, Momentum, Corbyn, McDonnell etc.

"Labour is institutionally racist"

Not sure how anyone can defend that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Catchy name they have come up with... "The Independent Group" :facepalm:
Really? Sounds like a chain of two or three corner shops.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
With the 5 other non-aligned independents, that makes 12 former-Labour MPs.

Frank Field, Jared O'Mara, Kelvin Hopkins, Ivan Lewis, John Woodcock

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Apart from the usual Westminster bubble I doubt anyone knows who any of these 7 are and I doubt many care what they do as they will be easily replaced as Labour MP's

It’s a tiny poll (waaaay) but Chris Leslie’s twitter feed is more supportive than negative.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
About as politically important as Enid Blyton's "Secret Seven"...

Latest dullard from Ilford South saying nothing.

Here comes Chukka

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That just shows what an absolute car crash of a leader Jeremy Corbyn is. He seems to have had an unparalleled ability to pish people off from all over the political spectrum, while being in opposition. I can think of very few people who have ever come close to his level of destroying his own party while in opposition to a government who are doing a wholly inept job themselves.

It actually makes the mind boggle as to how he has managed to do it. It's as if a life spent as an anti-establishment figure doesn't sit well with being the leader of a mainstream party. Meh, who'd have thought?

Brexit is undoubtedly a political force that neither main party could have a leader who could meld the factions within their party. Labour has more MPs committed to fulfilling the will of the referendum as it does those prepared to split because they are not getting their 2nd referendum. He took the parliamentary party into the 2017 general election full of doubt, and delivered a bloody nose to the government, and a share of the vote not seen since 1997.

Did the leaderships of William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith and Michael Howard pass you by? William Hague managed to deliver the biggest majority to a sitting government in history outside the war years.

4 MPs threatening to leave is the same if not less than the same amount threatening to quit the Tory party. I'm not actually a Corbyn fan believe it or not, but he is hardly destroying a party with whom he has grown membership to record levels. To have won 2017 would have been an unprecedented turn around in a short space of time for the previous election. They didn't win, but the result was a surprise, especially to the government.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here