Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] MPs defecting to The Independent Group in parliament

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, are we going to see The Tory 'peoples voters' quit soon so that this new Centrist party can be formed?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was that the one you lent to Guppy never to be seen again ???

Yes it was, he wasn't seen in public for a month after I lent it to him when I saw him on the train to Worthing one time and reportedly his arms resembled those of a fiddler crab the next time he put in an appearance.

Fiddler Crab.png

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apart from the usual Westminster bubble I doubt anyone knows who any of these 7 are and I doubt many care what they do as they will be easily replaced as Labour MP's

And what about the lovely death threats ? You seem to have missed my post about them !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's rubbish.

Chukka Umunna could well have been a future leader.

It is without doubt a hammerblow to the Labour Party. You cannot call yourself a broad church if 7 established figures don't feel it can accommodate that. I don't think there is anyway of putting much of a positive spin on today. I expect we won't be far of a certain number of Tory MPs joining them at some point this week.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"It's a different century"

Oh that's all right then. No need to learn from history.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Apart from the usual Westminster bubble I doubt anyone knows who any of these 7 are and I doubt many care what they do as they will be easily replaced as Labour MP's

I suspect that their constituents will know who they are. Particularly as they're all established MPs, a couple of whom have been in office for over twenty years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To buy pints?........i would not be surprised in the slightest. Guppy is an undiscovered genius.

I remember him painstakingly explaining to me on the train once that he had knuckledusters, CS gas cannisters and other weapons that he kept in his house in case 'that lot' started causing civil unrest and he would sort them out single handedly, which I always thought was impressive coming from someone who failed the height restrictions to go on many of the rides at Alton Towers.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

What an oustanding comment! :ffsparr: Have you been on Mars the past few years? Or is it head in the sand philosophy?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here