Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gavin Geddes

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Argus comments were supporting GG, but usually only loonies post comments on there. The comments section has now been removed

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His horrendous chav family showing themselves up on the comments too.

IF, this was true, surely not blackmailing some geezer is the right course of action

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
His horrendous chav family showing themselves up on the comments too.

IF, this was true, surely not blackmailing some geezer is the right course of action

'Chav family'? Do you know them personally?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
15 appearances (9 starts, 6 sub), 2 goals in the 1993/94 season.

Scored against Reading in the FL Trophy and Wrexham in the league.

I think I must have seen a fair few of these. Had a super fancy trick turn that outdid the Gross/Cruyff turn. It worked a treat for a couple of games on the left wing in League 2, until full backs got wind of it and word soon got round, how to stop him and that was pretty much it. He really didn't have anything else to offer the professional game. I think he may have had a late career rally as a local league centre forward.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think I must have seen a fair few of these. Had a super fancy trick turn that outdid the Gross/Cruyff turn. It worked a treat for a couple of games on the left wing in League 2, until full backs got wind of it and word soon got round, how to stop him and that was pretty much it. He really didn't have anything else to offer the professional game. I think he may have had a late career rally as a local league centre forward.

Yeah he did end up back in local league footy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didn’t Guile become a swinger and open up a titty bar in Brighton with his wife? Sure I saw him on come dine with me or something like that a few years ago

He owns the Gin Tub and the Copper rooms in Brighton and Hove. One of my best mates. He never changes. He’s got some good stories about those days especially involving Woody.

I just wish I could put the one up about them with the courgette ��

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I guessed Littlehampton/Wick area was always Albion. Simply going by some of the addresses of blokes convicted for Albion related violence over the years! Plus I was told that the Littlehampton to Brighton train journey was ‘lively’ on match days.
Had some great "lively" moments in my younger days on that train .
I was a Wickite and had some great days out watching the Albion in the old days

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It’s quite split Wick and LA. Quite a few Pompey and big Chelsea, WHU, Arsenal, Leeds, Man U followers. Of course Albion in there as well
Just reminded of 83 Cup Final when we all went up in the train with all the Utd lads and had a good beer up on the way then got to Victoria and we went into Shakes and the Utd lads went off to Stage Door.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
He owns the Gin Tub and the Copper rooms in Brighton and Hove. One of my best mates. He never changes. He’s got some good stories about those days especially involving Woody.

I just wish I could put the one up about them with the courgette ��

Good drinking places too.

Last edited:

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012

Think the first time I recognised the gap between non league and even lower league football. Geddes terrorised county league defenders week on week, looked very ordinary when making the step up. Huge difference.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember that well, Newman, Duchossey, etc, ruled the County League for Sussex, then overnight Burgess Hill got an owner with money who offered far higher wages, and the best players left en masse. Before all that, Shoreham had done the very same thing.

Blast from the past. Darren and Rene were in my year at school. Whilst not a friend, I knew Rene well, but only knew of Darren.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here