Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gavin Geddes

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He played for Wick in the 90s and was picked up by Barry Lloyd I think after a dazzling display in the Sussex Senior Cup final v Mile Oak at the Goldstone. He wasn't even Wick's best winger!!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The report misses out - the former one trick pony.

So many good people out there give their time and energy to youth sport and want and expect so little in return. Despicable is the right word.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What an absolute B a r s t a r d

LVGull

May 13, 2016
He played for Wick in the 90s and was picked up by Barry Lloyd I think after a dazzling display in the Sussex Senior Cup final v Mile Oak at the Goldstone. He wasn't even Wick's best winger!!

Who was the wingers at Wick then?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Complete c***. As someone who volunteers at a boxing club this has really struck a chord. I really feel for his old coach who although exonerated won’t get his life savings back. I guess there wasn’t the safeguarding procedures in place back in those days which are designed to protect the volunteers/coaches as well as the young people in their care. That man’s sentence doesn’t seem long enough.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who was the wingers at Wick then?

Him and Twister (Terry Withers). The guy with the Italian surname too... hang on trying to remember... it has 'celli' in it, although he may have come along a tiny bit later.

Edit: Cecorelli was the one I meant, scuse the celli bit above.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Complete c***. As someone who volunteers at a boxing club this has really struck a chord. I really feel for his old coach who although exonerated won’t get his life savings back. I guess there wasn’t the safeguarding procedures in place back in those days which are designed to protect the volunteers/coaches as well as the young people in their care. That man’s sentence doesn’t seem long enough.

Although yes, Geddes ex coach was exonerated at the trial, unfortunately with some people mud sticks even when found not guilty. Life just sn't fair sometimes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What about Steve Guile? Marco was good as was twister.

Steve Guille was centre forward and a bloody good one, him and Rod Wood. Twister was at Wick with Geddes, they both played in that Senior Cup Final.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Steve Guille was centre forward and a bloody good one, him and Rod Wood. Twister was at Wick with Geddes, they both played in that Senior Cup Final.

I remember Guile being good with Woody. Do you remember Anton the fireman?

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
There was also a forward called Anton Romasaz or similar that use to bang in loads of goals.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here