Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Brom

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You are either really hard to please or an absolute idiot, I know which way most will go. There isn't one person I've spoken to who wasn't impressed with the cameo from Gyökeres in the West Brom game, he was direct and tried to make things happen, he played with no fear at all. He also had two of our best chances in the League Cup game against Southampton. He is very a promising young player who deserves a chance to make an impact. That said I wouldn't start him in the West Brom game (although I won't be disappointed if CH does start him) but would certainly have him on the bench and give him 20-25 mins.

I think CH will start him! So might I if he really is ready. Sub appearances are not much use for youngsters as it is hard for them to get up to the pace of the game.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think CH will start him! So might I if he really is ready. Sub appearances are not much use for youngsters as it is hard for them to get up to the pace of the game.

Gyokeres got about 20 mins off the bench against West Brom and got up to speed without any issues. Introducing youngsters from the bench is a tried and tested method of gradually introducing them to first team football. Gyokeres has looked like he can compete at a first team level and it's up to CH to manage his further inclusion properly. With Ali J and Knocky short of first team action I'd start them (as they are much more likely to be involved in the PL at the moment) and have Gyokeres on the bench possibly resting March and or Locadia.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gyokeres got about 20 mins off the bench against West Brom and got up to speed without any issues. Introducing youngsters from the bench is a tried and tested method of gradually introducing them to first team football. Gyokeres has looked like he can compete at a first team level and it's up to CH to manage his further inclusion properly. With Ali J and Knocky short of first team action I'd start them (as they are much more likely to be involved in the PL at the moment) and have Gyokeres on the bench possibly resting March and or Locadia.

We obviously disagree as I thought that Gyokeres looked lost v WBA and needs more time to bring him up to speed. I do agree that he looks an exciting prospect for the future but it must be emphasised the future

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We obviously disagree as I thought that Gyokeres looked lost v WBA and needs more time to bring him up to speed. I do agree that he looks an exciting prospect for the future but it must be emphasised the future

Really?...you are the only person I have heard say that....oh well

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Looking at the ratings thread for the West Brom game most people disagree with you, including yourself judging by this comment

6 as satisfactory

Gyokeres 6 Did on but nio cghance to shine

I am guessing you meant Did ok but no chance to shine

I certainly wouldn't think a satisfactory mark would be given to somebody who looked lost.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didnt think that he looked as if he would score but it is all about opinions with no right or wrong answer.

Not quite saying the same as ''lost''....and he did nearly score...beat a few men and brought out a fine save from the goalie...more than Florin did in the entire time he was on.....oh well..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think team will likely be.

Button

Bruno
Burn
Balogun
Bernardo

Propper
Kayal
Bissouma

Andone
Ali J
Knockaert

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think team will likely be.

Button

Bruno
Burn
Balogun
Bernardo

Propper
Kayal
Bissouma

Andone
Ali J
Knockaert

And this should be strong enough to win away at West Brom, whether it's their first team or younger players

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would think Propper will be rested, he practically plays every minute of the season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would think Propper will be rested, he practically plays every minute of the season.

If Stephens isn't fit I think it will have to be Propper (unless there's an U23 DM ready to step up). Don't think they will put Kayal there.

Jimmy Grimble

Stephens looked well rested in Molly Malones late Sunday night/Monday morning :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looking at the ratings thread for the West Brom game most people disagree with you, including yourself judging by this comment

I am guessing you meant Did ok but no chance to shine

I certainly wouldn't think a satisfactory mark would be given to somebody who looked lost.

Sort of confirms my impression that Viktor Gyökeres needs to start if he is going to play a part. All subs coming one must be at about 66 mins to have time to make an attacking impression. Wingers can swop wings earlier if they are firing blanks.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sort of confirms my impression that Viktor Gyökeres needs to start if he is going to play a part. All subs coming one must be at about 66 mins to have time to make an attacking impression. Wingers can swop wings earlier if they are firing blanks.

I have a feeling he may be the surprise starter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here