Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross rating

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
Quite surprised to see Gross is consistently being marked as one of our worst players on the pitch in the ratings thread. He isn't getting the same number of goals or assists this season but he's playing further back so won't have as many opportunities for the killer pass. And the lack of assists isn't for want of trying; these are some of his attempts from today's game:

MPEN3ec.gif

C7B7ubF.gif

SNfV87M.gif

fA0zx9Y.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite....not sure why people can’t see how the formation change has changed his role from no 10 (basically second striker) to part of a midfield 3 behind a front 3.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All his vital goals and assists kept us up last season.

Shirley CH wouldn’t snuff all that out, for a change in positioning?

Rather I think he’s out of his best form, but I wouldn’t condemn him for it. His class should return at some stage.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Doesn't look fit to me.

Critically, his very lightweight in the tackle, turns his back on clearances (twice today hit on the back) and somehow retracts his head into his torso when challenging for a header.

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
Having been at the game and viewed MOTD, Gross played in the two exquisite crosses Locadia got on the end of. Both certain goals bar Foster, in imperious form, getting a hand to both. Gross delivers a cross like no other in the team but is that enough to keep his place given his deeper midfield work is ponderous and lacks bite? Is he just a better version of Norwood who didn’t fit our system either?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It's plain to see that Gross is struggling for whatever reason.
I agree last season he was very good, but he's nowhere near that type of form and is a weakness in our team going forward, always picking out the obvious easy pass rather than creating chances which was his strength last season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having been at the game and viewed MOTD, Gross played in the two exquisite crosses Locadia got on the end of. Both certain goals bar Foster, in imperious form, getting a hand to both. Gross delivers a cross like no other in the team but is that enough to keep his place given his deeper midfield work is ponderous and lacks bite? Is he just a better version of Norwood who didn’t fit our system either?

He’s a poor man’s Ryan Harley.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Unfortunately, as many excuses as some may want to give, the fact is he is woefully out of form and doesn’t deserve his place at the moment when everyone is fit. I would play Bissouma in front of him at the moment and take him out of firing line for a few games.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Worries me that people still think he should be achieving what he did last season but in a much deeper position.

Created numerous chances but as they weren’t converted he is obviously struggling for form.... how many chances did Bissouma create yesterday ?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Worries me that people still think he should be achieving what he did last season but in a much deeper position.

Created numerous chances but as they weren’t converted he is obviously struggling for form.... how many chances did Bissouma create yesterday ?

Well, exactly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bong, March and Locadia all played well.

NEXT...

Welcome to the club Pascal.
"Yes I know the team played well".
"I know you alone created numerous channces".
"I know you can't be there to score the chances you create".
"I'm sorry not winning has to be someone's fault, and it appears to be yours".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Unfortunately, as many excuses as some may want to give, the fact is he is woefully out of form and doesn’t deserve his place at the moment when everyone is fit. I would play Bissouma in front of him at the moment and take him out of firing line for a few games.
This

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is our best passer and most creative player, we have changed the formation which means he doesn't have the ball in dangerous positions nor does he have willing runners with plenty of space to run into. We're not currently see the best from a number of our offensive dangerous players. I cannot wait to see us change to a 4-4-1-1

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bong, March and Locadia all played well.

NEXT...

Welcome to the club Pascal.
"Yes I know the team played well".
"I know you alone created numerous channces".
"I know you can't be there to score the chances you create".
"I'm sorry not winning has to be someone's fault, and it appears to be yours".
Someone has finally hit the nail on the NSC nail on the head, Dammit you thought of it first.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
He's good at what he was doing before eg dead ball distribution but his deeper role requires different skills. Comparing Gros to last season is like comparing apples with pears. Be interesting how he adapts for the rest of the season to make it his own.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
We are not playing to his strengths.... simple. He’s best at finding those pockets of space, turning up here there and everywhere and then playing cute balls in and around the box. He did alright yesterday but he had to cover Montoya forward runs as well and was seen RB quite a few times. He’s always got good delivery and two of the 4 clips you showed were just freekicks, doesn’t matter what position you play, we’ll get free kicks time to time.

Would love to see Groß further forward, would love to see Andone partner Murray. Doubt either are gonna happen anytime soon tho!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
We are not playing to his strengths.... simple. He’s best at finding those pockets of space, turning up here there and everywhere and then playing cute balls in and around the box. He did alright yesterday but he had to cover Montoya forward runs as well and was seen RB quite a few times. He’s always got good delivery and two of the 4 clips you showed were just freekicks, doesn’t matter what position you play, we’ll get free kicks time to time.

Would love to see Groß further forward, would love to see Andone partner Murray. Doubt either are gonna happen anytime soon tho!!

And two of the clips weren’t free kicks !

Pretty much everything we do well going forward involves Groß, yet some seem to want to say he is out of form or not playing well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The starting point is he has no pace, nor does he bust a gut to get into the box on the counter- attack. Rarely does he test the keeper.

However, if he is given time he is devastating.

Since he's recovered from his injury he hasn't really played with Izquierdo and they did well together last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here