Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Absolute steal again and a proper midfielder who has vision, can tackle, pass, remains calm in tight areas and get box to box and has goals in him ( He will score soon )
Gets his head up to see what's on even before he receives the ball and has a great touch.
Him and Bassuma had a great game yesterday and they covered each well when one went to join the attack.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lost count of the number of times yesterday Davy initially looked second best to get to the ball, but he somehow got there and got a decent touch..........very, very good footballer

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolute steal again and a proper midfielder who has vision, can tackle, pass, remains calm in tight areas and get box to box and has goals in him ( He will score soon )
Gets his head up to see what's on even before he receives the ball and has a great touch.
Him and Bassuma had a great game yesterday and they covered each well when one went to join the attack.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

So all of our signing from the Erevedsie have been rubbish have they? Propper is at least one player who proves that opinion is nonsense.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
His tackles, movement and use of the ball are all excellent.

Everything went through him yesterday and he was definitely MoM for me.

He’s pretty consistent in most games and needs good players around him to read the opportunities he creates.

:bowdown:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He has become our best player over the course of this season.

I love his passes with the outside of his boot. I remember a couple last season, straight into Izzy's path.
Classy cultured footballer.

When he starts adding the goals, that are undoubtedly in him, we will struggle to keep him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least he's keeping busy.

Davy and some penguins are on Film 4 in an hour or so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably because it’s what we’ve come to expect from our best player. The guy absolutely oozes class.

Good to see someone playing alongside him in Bissouma who is on his level ability wise too. The sooner those two become our first choice centre mid partnership for every game the better.

Only 2 things wrong with your post:

a. Bissouma is nowhere near in Proppers class or ability yet, perhaps one day he will be. Potential yes but now not at all.
b. Stephens should be the first name on the team sheet each week as he is our engine.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

a. Bissouma is nowhere near in Proppers class or ability yet, perhaps one day he will be. Potential yes but now not at all.
b. Stephens should be the first name on the team sheet each week as he is our engine.

One massive thing wrong with your post. Stephens should be nowhere near the first name on the team sheet. We’ve moved on from him, Propper and Bissouma are far superior players. If he’s our engine, no wonder we’re so slow, predictable and boring.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Stephens is nowhere near Propper's class either. I strongly suspect we're moving from 'is the first name on the team sheet' to 'was the first name on the team sheet'. Would be no surprise at all if we stay 433 then our preferred starting midfield by the end of the season will be Propper, Gross and Bissouma. It was obvious yesterday Bissouma had been told to curb just a bit of his usual attacking instinct in acting as a late Dale replacement, but he has the potential to be a significantly better midfielder given time and a bit more maturity.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of the untried tactical formations is Propper off Murray or Andone, or even Locadia. If it’s good enough for Holland...

Thats exactly what l was championing earlier in this thread, we are chronically short on goals from midfield, so surely it's worth a try. I think we will see an even better Davy Propper with his first goal under his belt.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well, many people on here have derided the 'rubbish' signings we have made in the past from the Dutch League. Propper appears to be an exception.
Dutch international this one was a no brainer. Hilarious when fans were writing him off last season.

Don't think he's any better than midtable prem though, too slow and doesn't score enough to be top 6.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dutch international this one was a no brainer. Hilarious when fans were writing him off last season.

Don't think he's any better than midtable prem though, too slow and doesn't score enough to be top 6.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well let's face it, we are no better than mid table anyway, so we are a good pairing at the moment. He is also playing a very restricted role under Chris Hughton, and given license to roam and get forward a little more could be better still. Either way, when he finally bags his first goal it is going to do him so much good, and l feel sure it will quickly lead to a few more.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought Propper was out MOM yesterday, but also though the other two were poor. Bissouma gets the wrong side of the ball too often at this stage of his career and some of his decision making is questionable but he will improve and we may see a very good player next season. He carries the ball quickly and just needs to get used to the PL. Gross on the other hand worries me, in the No.10 role his dead ball delivery and ability to pick a pass were excellent. In the more box 2 box role he's playing now he can't get about the pitch quickly enough to affect either end of the pitch positively and I think his place is under pressure. I'd prefer to see Kayal in there than Stephens personally.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He is a sublime player who continually flies under the radar. The last three games ignoring a perfect storm of attacking football from Fulham he has been superb.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One massive thing wrong with your post. Stephens should be nowhere near the first name on the team sheet. We’ve moved on from him, Propper and Bissouma are far superior players. If he’s our engine, no wonder we’re so slow, predictable and boring.

Thought Bissouma struggled yesterday in a game we were dominating. He has real potential, but I wouldn’t be putting him in Propper’s class and a long way from being far superior to Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here