Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Davey was outstanding today - why no thread of praise? Here's a place for everyone to put on record, without any caveats like he missed a virtually open goal, what a bloody marvellous match he had today.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There was a group of blokes over from Holland supporting him today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Probably because it’s what we’ve come to expect from our best player. The guy absolutely oozes class.

Good to see someone playing alongside him in Bissouma who is on his level ability wise too. The sooner those two become our first choice centre mid partnership for every game the better.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Probably because it’s what we’ve come to expect from our best player. The guy absolutely oozes class.

Good to see someone playing alongside him in Bissouma who is on his level ability wise too. The sooner those two become our first choice centre mid partnership for every game the better.

They could form a very useful partnership

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Agree. I've always been a big fan of Stephens and his ability to break up play, but the last few games he's been a walking red card and was lucky to stay on against Fulham.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is my memory playing tricks? I seem to recall quite a lot of criticism of Propper’s pace and combativeness last season. Simple fact is that it takes quite a few months of game time to adjust to the Premier League unless you are a world class player coming from a top league.

Propper was absolute quality yesterday.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stephens had some tremendous games over Christmas but went off song for the last 2 or 3. Saturday was Daves time to take the limelight and he did.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did these Dutch guys manage to get this banner into the East Stand in the end? Stewards weren't going to let them..

PSX_20190203_091014.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Davy was outstanding yesterday, we're beginning to see the best of him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Those two have the opportunity to from one of the best midfield partnerships outside the top six.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

THIS

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
My wife bought me a Seagulls Annual for Christmas - as a joke, I might add.

But in the page to fill in about your own Seagulls stuff, my favourite player I entered as Davy Propper! I genuinely think (and always have thought) he has a good case for being considered the best player we have got.

But how does one compare a silky-skilled midfielder to a (short) goalkeeper to a couple of giant centre-backs.

PS - Good interview with him in the programme yesterday, too.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Propper is class and was at Fulham the other night too. I too like to see Bissouma playing alongside him and on current form i’d prefer to see Stephens in there as well as the anchor man with Propper and Bissouma playing the more advanced roles at the expense of Gross. For me Gross has been well under par this season compared to the level he set last season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I both agree and disagree. Had a very good game certainly, and a worthy MoTM. He would benefit even more I thiink from scoring his first goal for us, it would make him more relaxed and we would see the absolute best from him.

He certainly has goals in him, as demonstrated with his performance for the Netherlands when he has bagged a few goals when playing just a little bit further forward. Many say that we don't have a replacement no, 10 when Pascale Gross isn't able to play, well l argue that Davy could do that job more than adequautely if necessary..

I'm not sure there is room for two attacking midfielders in the side though. Yes Bissouma is an exciting player, but l think Dale Stephens is a player that makes us tick, getting through a lot of work that often goes unrecognised. We is definately miss him when he isn't in the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I both agree and disagree. Had a very good game certainly, and a worthy MoTM. He would benefit even more I thiink from scoring his first goal for us, it would make him more relaxed and we would see the absolute best from him.

He certainly has goals in him, as demonstrated with his performance for the Netherlands when he has bagged a few goals when playing just a little bit further forward. Many say that we don't have a replacement no, 10 when Pascale Gross isn't able to play, well l argue that Davy could do that job more than adequautely if necessary..

I'm not sure there is room for two attacking midfielders in the side though. Yes Bissouma is an exciting player, but l think Dale Stephens is a player that makes us tick, getting through a lot of work that often goes unrecognised. We is definately miss him when he isn't in the team.

Not forgetting that two of our best long range shots recently have come from Stephens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here