Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sign language in the WSU?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Hi all

As a student of British Sign Language at the moment (my gawd it's hard work - but so enjoyable)
I noticed two people (both blokes (father and son?)) signing in the WSU concourse today at half-time.

I really wanted to ask them about this - but it didn't seem right at the time. Does anyone on
here know of the two people - maybe an NSC user? (PM me maybe if you do). I would like to learn from
these guys and find out more.

cheers
essbee
:amex:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was signing the ref at his unwillingness to give us any free kicks. I’ll happily teach you it if you like...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was at the pictures a few years ago and watching Star Wars ....behind us these people kept chatting and commenting on the film....the guy sat next to me suddenly turned around and said..." will you shut the f up, we are trying to watch the film..." to whit the guy said..." really sorry but my wife is blind and so I am describing what is going on..."

He turned back around and I could feel the heat from his red face warming the cinema.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I was at the pictures a few years ago and watching Star Wars ....behind us these people kept chatting and commenting on the film....the guy sat next to me suddenly turned around and said..." will you shut the f up, we are trying to watch the film..." to whit the guy said..." really sorry but my wife is blind and so I am describing what is going on..."

He turned back around and I could feel the heat from his red face warming the cinema.

This may be a bit contentious, but what gives the guy and his blind wife the unquestionable right to ruin the film for other people who have paid good money to be there?

Last edited:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
This may be a bit contentious, but what gives the guy and his blind wife the unquestionable right to ruin the film for other people who have paid good money to be there?
That's why (certainly Cineworld offer this) there are Audio Described screenings - those who have no/poor vision get a headset to hear the commentary of what is happening on screen. As I understand it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
That's why (certainly Cineworld offer this) there are Audio Described screenings - those who have no/poor vision get a headset to hear the commentary of what is happening on screen. As I understand it.

Which is highly commendable of them. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here