Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the jury returned on Locadia ?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Nope ,you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you are a Palace geezer with at name! If not please be one because it seems everything i see from you is negative, thanks :bla:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Locadia helps us keep the ball in the oppositions half. He's done really well at shielding the ball and finding another Brighton player. I described him as a wide target man the other week because he's someone we can trust to hold onto and retain possession in advanced areas which is so important in terms of relieving pressure, building attacks, winning set pieces etc.

It's not always possible for us to play out from the back, especially when the opposition press up high, so Ryan needs an out ball and can target both Murray and Locadia. The West Brom game, where they were so narrow and deep was an example of a game where it's difficult for Andone to make an impact. In other games when the opposition play higher up the pitch, let us play out from the back, we'll find Andone and our more traditional wingers a bit more effective. The Locadia/Andone partnership seems to work as when we start Andone we need someone like Locadia to help us retain the ball up the pitch. He makes up a bit for the lack of Murray. It's great to have the different options available as every game is different. Fans seem to obsess a bit too much on the "best XI" sometimes without considering the best line-up can very much depend on the opposition XI/tactics.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Still leaving Bong out to dry. March covers Montoya. Look at March and Loc. Loc is always further forward.....always.

Not saying that is bad, but those Bong and March knockers should look at the whole picture.

IMHO March was MoM today.

This 100% March and Montoya perfect harmony while Locardia and Bong a slightly out of tune set of bagpipes

But it's not all Locardia's fault he not a winger after all and once we get our wingers back I cannot see him being picked in this position, I would like to see him play in the centre in the number 10 role where his imaginative passing could be just what Andone needs

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This 100% March and Montoya perfect harmony while Locardia and Bong a slightly out of tune set of bagpipes

Make up your mind

Slightly out of tune.
Or
Bagpipes

You can't have both.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Make up your mind

Slightly out of tune.
Or
Bagpipes

You can't have both.

Yes I know but his understanding with Bong is not that bad and I did not want to sound that I was being over critical hence the bagpipe analogy in tune out of tune most of the time no one would ever know and in this case I suspect that's due to Bong being able to cover Locardia's occasional lack of defensive positioning while pumping up the wind bag

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012

But it's not all Locardia's fault he not a winger after all and once we get our wingers back I cannot see him being picked in this position, I would like to see him play in the centre in the number 10 role where his imaginative passing could be just what Andone needs

Did he not play on the wing for PSV? I find Locadia far more effective since he’s been put on the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
From Garth Crooks' Team of the Week write-up on Ben Foster:

"Jurgen Locadia must be glad to see the back of him. Had it not been for Foster, the Dutch striker might have had a hat-trick."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here