Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the jury returned on Locadia ?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
His lay-offs are superb. Rarely wasted, and keeps the ball moving. Where he's not so good is when he tries to take them on himself. I thought he had a very good game myself.

He’s a £14 mill prem player and u say he’s not so good at taking them on in a position he’s there to try to do just that ? Incredible .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
MOM today something I thought I’d never say but still not going to score more than a handful of goals a season. Be nice to bring through a young star from the acedemy rather than paying multi millions for maybe 5 goals a season.

I thought he was good, but not MOM - that has to go to Propper who owned the midfield, or March who made Holebas look useless.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
His lay-offs are superb. Rarely wasted, and keeps the ball moving. Where he's not so good is when he tries to take them on himself. I thought he had a very good game myself.

Running with the ball at his feet seems to be problematic
He simply doesn’t look comfortable.
Today he was involved a lot - and for that I’m complimentary.
But end product with feet was shocking. Had 3-4 chances that he should have got on target at least for a 14m offensive player (I want to say striker, but he’s clearly not one)
What is he?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's all about the gel

Propper and Gross are intelligent players (look where they're from!) and slotted in instantly, a class above the norm.

Newer signings have shown some promise but none have gelled with 'the team' in quite the same way. Particularly this season we have players trying too hard to be good on any day they get the chance and often fail. Andone vs Palace being a very pleasurable exception. Knockhaert vs WBA is the other end of the scale, and more the norm this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But end product with feet was shocking. Had 3-4 chances that he should have got on target at least for a 14m offensive player (I want to say striker, but he’s clearly not one)
What is he?

Seemingly he's a/the left sided forward in a 3 pronged attack.

I did note him popping up, once or twice, as the centre forward when on the pitch with Andone.
Again that sort of rotation could really scare an opposition, but is completely impossible within the rigidity Murrayoffside needs.

That said CH is rather ducking out of the criticism here, thanks to Junior.
It seems like his mantra of 'stay in the game for 70 minutes; is beginning to become a bit of a millstone.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I was one of his critics when he was playing in a central position, but I think he has shown a lot more since he moved out wide. 2 good headers, even if he admits heading is not his strength.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is he?

Any other keeper today and he’d probably have scored a brace of headers.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
He is not good enough on the left to challenge decent right backs with ball at feet

And he’s not good in front of goal

So, position played aside, what is he?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hmmmm I'm going to disagree with that.

I think, and have done since the formation change, Murrayoffside is looking increasingly out of touch with the rest of the squad.

Over the past few windows the squad has been transformed into a fast unit of quick players and fast thinkers.
Propper's masterclass today was crying out for some movement ahead of him.
Gross spent 70 minutes with the ball, frustratingly, turning his man, cutting inside, anything to gain a few seconds.
Then he had 20 minutes of instant one touch forward passes.

2 minutes of Andone on the pitch and their defense was cacking themselves, just hoofing the ball out of play.

For the previous 70 minutes they could just play round Murrayoffside.

Don't get me wrong, GM has been great and still has attributes to offer, I just don't see that as starting in a quick squad.

Think that’s the first time I’ve agreed with you entirely.

May be wishful thinking but a record high position finish is still within our grasp and a more settled squad might see our budget busted next season on our first £20-30m striker/player to replace Sir Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He did alright today, he was often in space in their half and did well as an option for right sided attacks at the back post. On a luckier day or a worse keeper he could have had a couple.

The frustration was that he is not a winger, but a striker playing out wide. Izquierdo or Knockaert having that space could go wide and cross or cut inside leaving the defenders wondering which to cover. Jurgen is mostly going to come inside. This was okay when Bernardo was going wide beyond him, but Bong is less likely to venture so far forward, so often. On the few occasions when Bongy did go beyond him today, he didn't use him, looking to move things back inside. I thought that Watford's full backs looked their weak point. Whilst Izzy and AJ have been injured and Knocky struggling to be a regular pick, Locadia has done well, but personally I'd like to have a proper winger back. It was a shame that AK was so frustrat(ed/ing) against WBA, because, had his form been better, I guess he would have got on for twenty minutes today and I reckon it was a situation that he could have exploited.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
lacking something, maybe confidence, seems prone to wastful or poor decisions. puts in the effort though. reckon a goal, a super game and suddenly could change.
Lacking shooting ability?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our change of formation to a 4-3-3 to accomodate him means Gross cannot find space to either play a killer pass or play a killer pass into, previously we had willing runners from the wing with dissecting balls played wide on the ground. Now Gross has dropped deeper to play as a 3 and Dunk/Duffy/Stephens/Propper/Gross seem to play long balls over the top to wide positions which in my opinion isn't as successful as March/Locadia are often marked quite well by the opposition full backs, more so than when we played 4-4-1-1.

I have no objection to playing Locadia, but I don't think we are as affective with our new formation and would rather see us revert back. If we did revert back I'd want to see 2 of Izquierdo/Ali J/Knockaert/March in our wide positions and Locadia in a more central role

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our change of formation to a 4-3-3 to accomodate him means Gross cannot find space to either play a killer pass or play a killer pass into, previously we had willing runners from the wing with dissecting balls played wide on the ground. Now Gross has dropped deeper to play as a 3 and Dunk/Duffy/Stephens/Propper/Gross seem to play long balls over the top to wide positions which in my opinion isn't as successful as March/Locadia are often marked quite well by the opposition full backs, more so than when we played 4-4-1-1.

I have no objection to playing Locadia, but I don't think we are as affective with our new formation and would rather see us revert back. If we did revert back I'd want to see 2 of Izquierdo/Ali J/Knockaert/March in our wide positions and Locadia in a more central role

Other than Gross providing the assist to ALL of yesterdays best chances I completely agree. :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Other than Gross providing the assist to ALL of yesterdays best chances I completely agree. :facepalm:

Solly got into some good positions but there was one slow Albion player in the box for him to aim at and three or four defenders. He knocked in some excellent balls that a player with pace and good movement could have tucked away imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Solly got into some good positions but there was one slow Albion player in the box for him to aim at and three or four defenders. He knocked in some excellent balls that a player with pace and good movement could have tucked away imo.

Rather annoyingly the team seems to be the wrong way round.

Assuming AK & Ali J start on Wednesday Murray would have a field day.
Whereas if March & Big Jurg have a similar game next week, to yesterday, Andone would have their defence tied up in knots.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rather annoyingly the team seems to be the wrong way round.

Assuming AK & Ali J start on Wednesday Murray would have a field day.
Whereas if March & Big Jurg have a similar game next week, to yesterday, Andone would have their defence tied up in knots.

Happy that we now have a plan B, it’s misfiring a little at the moment just give it time....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you mean 2 crosses for headers...he is better and more affective playing the ball on the floor or into feet

Other than the 2 crosses which were so perfect Jurgen "I can't header the ball" Locadia was still able to induce 2 great saves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here