Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the jury returned on Locadia ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just wondering like.....

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There’s no doubt he’s got a few tricks, got a bit about him and even his heading was decent today.
But this clamour to ditch Murray as the main striker, in favour of locadia and andone for that matter, is nuts.
We do look far more mobile when Murray isn’t on the pitch but we look naive too.
I wouldn’t trust Locadia or Andone to get the goals we will need to keep us up. Murray is a proven finisher.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope the jury are still arguing with each other

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
lacking something, maybe confidence, seems prone to wastful or poor decisions. puts in the effort though. reckon a goal, a super game and suddenly could change.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There’s no doubt he’s got a few tricks, got a bit about him and even his heading was decent today.
But this clamour to ditch Murray as the main striker, in favour of locadia and andone for that matter, is nuts.
We do look far more mobile when Murray isn’t on the pitch but we look naive too.
I wouldn’t trust Locadia or Andone to get the goals we will need to keep us up. Murray is a proven finisher.

Hmmmm I'm going to disagree with that.

I think, and have done since the formation change, Murrayoffside is looking increasingly out of touch with the rest of the squad.

Over the past few windows the squad has been transformed into a fast unit of quick players and fast thinkers.
Propper's masterclass today was crying out for some movement ahead of him.
Gross spent 70 minutes with the ball, frustratingly, turning his man, cutting inside, anything to gain a few seconds.
Then he had 20 minutes of instant one touch forward passes.

2 minutes of Andone on the pitch and their defense was cacking themselves, just hoofing the ball out of play.

For the previous 70 minutes they could just play round Murrayoffside.

Don't get me wrong, GM has been great and still has attributes to offer, I just don't see that as starting in a quick squad.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He looks better with Andone and better still with Bernardo behind him. Personally they're part of our best line-up and should be judged most critically playing with them. Murray did him no favours today.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
His wing play was good today, but his shooting needs to improve. I think there is more to come from big Jurgen.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
MOM today something I thought I’d never say but still not going to score more than a handful of goals a season. Be nice to bring through a young star from the acedemy rather than paying multi millions for maybe 5 goals a season.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Still leaving Bong out to dry. March covers Montoya. Look at March and Loc. Loc is always further forward.....always.

Not saying that is bad, but those Bong and March knockers should look at the whole picture.

IMHO March was MoM today.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
His lay-offs are superb. Rarely wasted, and keeps the ball moving. Where he's not so good is when he tries to take them on himself. I thought he had a very good game myself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here