Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nervous?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Where do you get that from? We blew a 2 goal lead against one of your 'worse than us' teams and then proceeded to concede 4.

We looked so much better today without Stephen's but he'll be straight back in the side. Groß is struggling. This is when Hughton and his coaching staff really need to earn their money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fulham are in my probably gone so I’m not including in the one of six. They will pull off results, but I don’t think they will be consistent enough to make up the gap. And I think Hughton and team have proven they can do this. Not denying that it might be seat of the pants stuf but I am very positive. We had much the better game than a team in the top half today

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I am nervous. The teams below us, except Huddersfield, are all picking up some wins. We're not. Not a good sign.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
6 points from TEN games

24 in a season, being generous. If that's not a concern you definitely didn't do dry January.

Tuesday was a big game. fail
Today was a big game. Meh!
Next Saturday is massive, lose that and I think it sets the tone for squeaky bum last day type stuff.

All in a weeks work for any Albion fan over 40, although I was hoping for a more relaxed middle age!!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We'll do enough. It might not be pretty, entertaining or even watchable at times but we'll do it. It's never the easy way with us anyway.

This is a myth. Last season we consistently accumulated points, never dropped into the bottom 3 and were mathematically safe with 2 games to play (and had actually earned enough points after 29 games). When was the last time we made things hard for ourselves and had to fight until the last day to stay up?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This is a myth. Last season we consistently accumulated points, never dropped into the bottom 3 and were mathematically safe with 2 games to play (and had actually earned enough points after 29 games). When was the last time we made things hard for ourselves and had to fight until the last day to stay up?

It was more a comment about our overall struggles and our ability to pull through even in the most dire of times, but I get your point :wave:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
6 points from TEN games

24 in a season, being generous. If that's not a concern you definitely didn't do dry January.

Tuesday was a big game. fail
Today was a big game. Meh!
Next Saturday is massive, lose that and I think it sets the tone for squeaky bum last day type stuff.

All in a weeks work for any Albion fan over 40, although I was hoping for a more relaxed middle age!!!!

The Racing Post highlighted Brighton as the out-of-form team that falls from 'mid-table' to possible relegation yesterday. I don't usually take too much notice of the tipsters unless it's Dan Childs, who has a fantastic reputation, and it was him.

But I'm keeping the faith. Three points next week. :albion:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We won't be safe unless we get enough points to be mathematically safe. If we don't beat Burnley next weed we're in big, big trouble.

Well it would be a blow, but we'd still have 12 games left , 27 points and still (mostly home) games to play against Southampton, Cardiff, Palace, Huddersfield, and Newcastle. With 34 points a likely safe target.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
3 more wins will be enough. Not worried, but was hoping to spend 2019 looking up rather than down

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If the performances were being consistently poor, I would be very worried. However we’re playing decent football, should have won yesterday, feel our Amex form is a reason to still be optimistic, but it is getting...interesting :annoyed:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Suddenly Burnley looks like a massive game. If we play our game we will win...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Suddenly Burnley looks like a massive game. If we play our game we will win...

Just watched the highlights of yesterday. We were excellent, just needed a bit of luck.

Burnley were the worst team at the Amex last season, let’s hope we can play like yesterday and we will get the three points easily.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, I am nervous. The teams below us, except Huddersfield, are all picking up some wins. We're not. Not a good sign.

and Fulham. They have won 2 games in 12. Against us and Huddersfield. They're playing Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea in their next 7.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Play like we did against a quality Watford side and those teams you speak of will all come to the Amex and lose, I could see us really smashing the the likes of Huddersfield & Cardiff.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not really.

Not that I think it will happen, but relegation isn't the end of the world, in the grand scheme of things :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not really.

Not that I think it will happen, but relegation isn't the end of the world, in the grand scheme of things :shrug:

This. I don't think we're a club with inherent structural issues which means we'll plummet out of sight in a Sunderland / Leeds / Wigan kind of way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here