Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nervous?

Yes frustrating week really

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We're in it, and no mistake. Which is not much different to what I expected, but slightly frustrating as we earned the chance to virtually get out of it and haven't done so.

Obviously the fact that the gap to the relegation places has been slashed to just five points tonight is the clear concern, but not the only one. This is how we have done points-wise relative to the teams below us over the last 10 league games - only better against Huddersfield, who are doomed anyway and therefore largely irrelevant, but much worse against most:

Hudd’field +5
Fulham -2
Cardiff -5
Southampton -9
Burnley -9
Newcastle -5
Palace -8

Now clearly if that continues we are in very real danger of relegation. It's not panic time, but we do badly need a win to settle everyone down, and it can't come soon enough.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We're in it, and no mistake. Which is not much different to what I expected, but slightly frustrating as we earned the chance to virtually get out of it and haven't done so.

Obviously the fact that the gap to the relegation places has been slashed to just five points tonight is the clear concern, but not the only one. This is how we have done points-wise relative to the teams below us over the last 10 league games - only better against Huddersfield, who are doomed anyway and therefore largely irrelevant, but much worse against most:

Hudd’field +5
Fulham -2
Cardiff -5
Southampton -9
Burnley -9
Newcastle -5
Palace -8

Now clearly if that continues we are in very real danger of relegation. It's not panic time, but we do badly need a win to settle everyone down, and it can't come soon enough.
True, but feels like we've barely played a bottom half team in recent games excluding the Fulham debacle. If i'm not mistaken we have a lot of the teams below us still to play at home. Win against Burnley and we're firmly back on track. 35 points may see us safe this season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yep, first half today too many going through the motions. We could easily get dragged in.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not in the slightest, the next 6 home games are all winnable, and win 4 and draw 2 of these games are we are on 41 points and safety without picking up anything away from home

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Of course. Wins against Newcastle, Huddersfield, Burnley, Cardiff and Southampton would take the pressure off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Concerned but not yet nervous.
Anyone who isn't slightly concerned, possibly should be.
I bet Chris Hughton is and I dare say, Mr. Bloom.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not yet but Burnley feels like the biggest match we'll play this season up to now.

Win - A lot of the pressure lifted of not winning in the league so far this year. A huge understatement!

Draw - Winnable home games are getting shorter but another point towards safety. Keeps Burnley in trouble and they'll find the last couple of months tough having been in the Europa League last July.

Lose - starting to fear the worst. Team selections by Hughton will be seriously questioned by fans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

The time for nerves is if we lose to both Burnley and Cardiff at the Amex.

As it is, 3 more wins will keep us up still ( 2 more wins if 1 of them is v Cardiff ).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No. Huddersfield are gone.
Fulham lost, And Burnley v Southampton cancelled each other out.

Watford struggled to keep us out today, relying on two finger tipped saves from Foster.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are going to be playing a cup final in nearly all our remaining home games, of course I’m nervous. Nearly all our opponents are in the relegation mix. It is quite likely to be way more difficult to win these games than all you complacent NSCers seem to think. Home advantage may not be that big an advantage with a very nervous crowd. Fortune generally favours the brave and we are not that brave once we take the lead.

I have given up on getting anything at all away from home, even WBA in the cup

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here