Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nervous?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Concerned but not yet nervous.
Anyone who isn't slightly concerned, possibly should be.
I bet Chris Hughton is and I dare say, Mr. Bloom.
I hope at least one of them is concerned, preferably both.

Despite the unexplained optimism of many a few weeks ago, it has been clear that we are far from safe.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
34 points was enough last year, will it really be much more this season? 7-9 points should do it, which we are more than capable of achieving.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are going to be playing a cup final in nearly all our remaining home games, of course I’m nervous. Nearly all our opponents are in the relegation mix. It is quite likely to be way more difficult to win these games than all you complacent NSCers seem to think. Home advantage may not be that big an advantage with a very nervous crowd.

The opposite of nervous is not complacent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The opposite of nervous is not complacent.

Hmm, there has been quite a lot of complacency recently with a virtual shoulder shrug as we fail to win games. “We have to play nearly all the teams below us at home, we’ll be fine” seems to be the attitude of most. I call that complacent.

Except for Junior of course who has been trying to throw the baby out with the bath water all season :wink:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hmm, there has been quite a lot of complacency recently with a virtual shoulder shrug as we fail to win games. “We have to play nearly all the teams below us, we’ll be fine” seems to be the attitude of most. I call that complacent.

Agree. There was a bit of that last season as well, but we failed to win the games everyone saw as 'bankers' and then needed the great win over United to be sure. This run of home games is absolutely crucial, but none of them can be taken for granted. We've lost to Fulham and Cardiff FFS, two very poor teams.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmm, there has been quite a lot of complacency recently with a virtual shoulder shrug as we fail to win games. “We have to play nearly all the teams below us at home, we’ll be fine” seems to be the attitude of most. I call that complacent.

Except for Junior of course who has been trying to throw the baby out with the bath water all season :wink:

Junior is just a wind up merchant.

The problem is that when we don't win, quite a few fans don't think we'll win again this season, and when we won three in a row, others thought we were going into Europe. There's never a happy medium.
I think we'll be fine. I'm not complacent.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

The problem is that when we don't win, quite a few fans don't think we'll win again this season, and when we won three in a row, others thought we were going into Europe. There's never a happy medium.

He is now banned for 3 months

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think we are doomed but we could end up being. Put it this way I would take a point against all the teams we have to play at home with no wins if offered that right now.

Hopefully we’ll beat Burnley comfortably and everything will look much more rosy. We must be due some luck against them, we’ve had none for as long as I can remember! Another of the bogey teams that we just can’t beat. Saints are in that box too.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
We have not clicked this season at all. Some good individual performances but not many good team performances considering the squad we have. We need to buck our ideas up because scraping to safety isn’t good enough. It’s about entertainment as well as money 😡

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not in the slightest, the next 6 home games are all winnable, and win 4 and draw 2 of these games are we are on 41 points and safety without picking up anything away from home

Away to Fulham and home to Watford are also winnable.

Definitely concerned. We’ve not been particularly good all season but managed to cobble together a few fortunate wins in October which took the pressure off and made it look like we were never really in trouble but we could easily be. We have been complacent for weeks summed up by the Chelsea, Arsenal and United games when a lot on here celebrated just not getting thumped when in all honesty we dropped points in those games.

I honestly don’t think Hughton is getting the most of the players we have at the moment. We are pedestrian and predictable and I’m struggling to see where a win comes from at the moment unless something changes. I fully expect Burnley to get at least a point next week when we start with the same team and tactics again.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I wasn’t but after this last week I now am. 1 point is probably 3 less than most of us were hoping for. We should be OK but it’s now looking like it could be an uncomfortable crawl to the finish line as opposed to the easy canter we looked like delivering before Christmas.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not worried at the moment, but I will probably dip into 'concerned' if we lost to Burnley. We've got enough about us to stay up, and the team that are on good runs at the moment....well it can't go on all season, can it?

We'll do enough. It might not be pretty, entertaining or even watchable at times but we'll do it. It's never the easy way with us anyway.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
One, probably two, gone. So it’s one from 6. We are better than at least 2 of the other 5. We will be fine

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone who's said we're safe is deluded. We're very much in this relegation scrap. Have been since the start of the season, we might have pulled away a bit but now we're being reeled back, 1 win in 10 league games was always going to mean that happened.

We won't be safe unless we get enough points to be mathematically safe. If we don't beat Burnley next weed we're in big, big trouble.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
One, probably two, gone. So it’s one from 6. We are better than at least 2 of the other 5. We will be fine
Where do you get that from? We blew a 2 goal lead against one of your 'worse than us' teams and then proceeded to concede 4.

We looked so much better today without Stephen's but he'll be straight back in the side. Groß is struggling. This is when Hughton and his coaching staff really need to earn their money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here