Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fan bloodytastic

Suck that up everyone who said Ireland would be walking the Six Nations :smile:

Swing Low Sweet Chariot

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of my ex wives is Oirish…….. she used to scream the house down whenever Oirland played any game in any sport, I feel for her tonight, but not much :rave::clap::rotlf::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I could cry. I thought Ireland were laughable at odds-on to win the Six Nations and yet I went for a narrow Irish win over an unconvincing England beforehand. Suppose like many others, we were near the top and still are but it was all going so well after the first two matches.

Plenty of games to make up the gap though.

Edit: On the NSC rugby Six Nations competition.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Excellent stuff.

Got totally fed up with the press creaming themselves about how great Ireland were before the tournament. Their whole set up was geared towards the national team destroying all before them.

Take a bow Mako Vunipola

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Excellent stuff.

Got totally fed up with the press creaming themselves about how great Ireland were before the tournament. Their whole set up was geared towards the national team destroying all before them.

Take a bow Mako Vunipola

This.

Weeks of “Joe Schmidt’ this, “Joe Schmidt” that. The English media are a funny old beast, weeks spent bumming up an Ireland coach and team. When Clive Woodward and to a lesser extent Eddie Jones set up teams beating all before them, I very much doubt that the Irish and Scottish media spent weeks lauding them.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This.

Weeks of “Joe Schmidt’ this, “Joe Schmidt” that. The English media are a funny old beast, weeks spent bumming up an Ireland coach and team. When Clive Woodward and to a lesser extent Eddie Jones set up teams beating all before them, I very much doubt that the Irish and Scottish media spent weeks lauding them.

Waiting for Stuart Barnes tomorrow telling us how the All Blacks would’ve been able to overcome England’s tactics....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Waiting for Stuart Barnes tomorrow telling us how the All Blacks would’ve been able to overcome England’s tactics....

I don’t know any Rugby fans who like Barnes or his wnkr Sky buddy Miles Harrison. Incredibly lucky to have the jolly. Not just always looking to criticise his own countrymen, he gets up the nose of other fans, with his negative contrast to a mythical team only playing expansive rugby (with him as the fly half, no doubt).

Taffs Eddie Butler and Stephen Jones are equally anti English in their columns.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don’t know any Rugby fans who like Barnes or his wnkr Sky buddy Miles Harrison. Incredibly lucky to have the jolly. Not just always looking to criticise his own countrymen, he gets up the nose of other fans, with his negative contrast to a mythical team only playing expansive rugby (with him as the fly half, no doubt).

Taffs Eddie Butler and Stephen Jones are equally anti English in their columns.

Stephen Jones REALLY does not like Eddie Jones so looking forward to reading tomorrows Sunday Times report...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Stephen Jones REALLY does not like Eddie Jones so looking forward to reading tomorrows Sunday Times report...

Me too.

His pathetic report after England beat South Africa really got up my nose.

Still Wales won, so we’ll probably get him jacking off about George North instead.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve followed rugby since the late 70’s. Stephen Jones has always tried to destroy Uttley/Cooke, Rowell, Best, Woodward and Jones. He paints a picture of stodgy forward play, all about muscle, no creativity, blah, blah, blah. Whilst Wales are the new France ... mercurial, off the cuff. Simply lazy stereotyping, the same with brainless Campese. When Wales have decent teams, they are very much first and fore most about muscle/power/imtimidation. All good teams need that, before the creators and speed merchants get space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here