Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bong Today

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought he was excellent.

Solid at the back, comfortable on the ball, positive in his passing (and I don't remember him giving the ball away). He also showed a fair bit of flair going forward.

After the dog's abuse he took from some after the Fulham game I think he deserves to be celebrated today.

I imagine the usual suspects will be on soon though, calling him 'an embarrassment of a footballer'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Played well, possibly had more of the ball than anyone else

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Solid at the back, comfortable on the ball, positive in his passing (and I don't remember him giving the ball away). He also showed a fair bit of flair going forward.

After the dog's abuse he took from some after the Fulham game I think he deserves to be celebrated today.

I imagine the usual suspects will be on soon though, calling him 'an embarrassment of a footballer'.

Yep I've already seen comments from people having a go at him. Whilst I'm not always his biggest fan, no one watching that game could seriously claim he had anything other than a very good game.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Yep I've already seen comments from people having a go at him. Whilst I'm not always his biggest fan, no one watching that game could seriously claim he had anything other than a very good game.

He and Solly March had probably their best games for a long while. CH was not going to play Bissouma until Stephens pulled out and I think that played in our favour. Bissouma and Propper add pace and creativity to our midfield. With Stephens and Gross (who is very under par this season} it stifles Proppers creativity which he showed in abundance today. Gross seems to be in the team for deadball situations, as his delivery from open play seems to have disappeared this season. A good performance today and but for a goalkeeper in form we would have won. 6 points out of 30 though is not good reading and points dropped at home could prove crucial looking at our away form. Burnley game is now a must win with Cardiff looking like cutting the relegation difference to 5 Points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As said elsewhere with Bong, Big Jurg and Solly all having good games some 'fans' are going to be devastated.

although seemingly Junior can move on quicker than most.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Aside from looking solid defensively he played a brilliant pass into Locadia from the left into his path in the area

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This.

Great performance. Came back well after Fulham, still he did receive more protection as well, whereas Tuesday he received none.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Totally agree with all of this. Thought he really shone today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He always looks pretty good defensively at HOME but the opposite AWAY in my opinion.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This.

Great performance. Came back well after Fulham, still he did receive more protection as well, whereas Tuesday he received none.

Exactly right. The goal that followed Cairney's shot against the bar, where he backed off...watching the replay from the widest camera angle, it was , shall we say, a little disappointing to see Locadia standing still on the halfway line.

Locadia was much better defensively today.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They showed a graphic at half time on the stream I watched that showed Watford having most of their attacks down their right side (Bong's side), but the fact they really don't create much until late in the 2nd half showed how improved he was. I still think Bernado will take his place, but he definitely played well today, that cannot be argued.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought he was not very good against Fulham and thought he was really good today much more positive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bong, March and Propper were outstanding today

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here