Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] On the spot fine

Pickles

May 5, 2014
No, as it's an offence.

I read that someone got fined for pouring a cup of coffee down the drain.

Also, there's been a fair few on the spot fines outside Littlehampton supermarkets recently for putting fags on the floor.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Where should a person put a cigarette end when they have finished with it but it's still burning if they are outside?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Was your ash tray full then :cool:

I wasnt carrying my ashtray :( I have no defence. The evidence went down the drain and they'd have to get cctv to prove I did it. So no point in appealing. I didnt intend to. Just excessive. I had to go to the police station for a separate issue where my cards and phone got stolen and used this week and even the coppers in there said whoever issued that fine was a ***ing t***sser

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Next to the drain?

But surely if you read the other posts, that is what some have been fined for, presumably for littering?

I'm not sure it was still burning anyway. There was probably a bin in a 30 metre walk in any direction being in a town centre. The thought of going on the hunt for one didnt even cross my mind

Isn't putting a burning thing into a bin a little dangerous? Seems tough for smokers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But surely if you read the other posts, that is what some have been fined for, presumably for littering?

Isn't putting a burning thing into a bin a little dangerous? Seems tough for smokers.

it wasn't a serious remark....I don't smoke so I must admit I'm not sure where...put it in your pocket and wait until you get home?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
it wasn't a serious remark....I don't smoke so I must admit I'm not sure where...put it in your pocket and wait until you get home?

Ah, okay lol. I am also not a smoker, haven't indulged since I was 18, apart from the occasional cigar i.e. after the Wigan promotion. I haven't usually any sympathy for smokers as I dislike the habit, but I do in this case as it seems draconian.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Its just excessive. I pointed out that perhaps as the high street is riddled with homeless and beggars perhaps I use the money and buy them 99p gloves from H&M a cup of tea get them off the streets for a bit instead might be a better use of our time,money and paperwork, and she started ranting

about pollution of the waterways or something. Hey ho, waste of money which I dont have loads of. I'll probably do it again by habit but will try not to

(I know you were agreeing by the way I just quoted you indirectly)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
£75 for putting the end of a cigarette/rollup in a drain :rant: Bit excessive IMO. Wont do it again though :ffsparr:
No point appealing it is there?

I feel for you mate.

I'm a smoker and live in a residential area with no litter bins. I was fined outside Wembley for dropping a cigarette, stubbing it out and then picking it up! What the hell else was I supposed to do? The bins were overflowing with rubbish. I very nearly decked the guy - would have got into a lot more trouble though!

We pay our taxes on cigarettes (unless we bootleg :)). Tell me, as a rhetorical question, what's worse? A dropped cig butt or a pile of vomit on Saturday/Sunday morning that your dog eats and then regurgitates? Ughhh!

These jobsworths are @rsehol€s. :tosser:

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
£75 for putting the end of a cigarette/rollup in a drain :rant: Bit excessive IMO. Wont do it again though :ffsparr:
No point appealing it is there?

"Bit excessive IMO. Wont do it again though" Sounds excessive but £75 fine has done the job then ! Just a warning and bet you would do it again !

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was at Churchill Square with my Wife recently. As she does, she lights up as we walk outside and close to the entrance stubs out the cigarette on the floor. The woman in front of us done the same and got an instant £70 fine, difference being of course is that she was alone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sympathise with the op as, when I smoked, and there weren’t bins I always looked for a drain to throw the fag end down rather than stub it out on the pavement :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
stub it out on the wall and put it in a pocket or something until you find somewhere APPROPRIATE ie a bin/ashtray to put it?

Old fag in the pocket? I think even smokers may find the smell too much on their clothes as it would linger until they were next washed

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here