Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] On the spot fine

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure that being biodegradable has any relevance to whether it is littering? Does it?

I’d say it does, in the countryside anyway. I chuck banana skins and apple cores out of the car window but not wrappers or plastics :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Where should a person put a cigarette end when they have finished with it but it's still burning if they are outside?

well apparently , according to the revenue raising law makers they would , in theory, put the fag end out on their tongue or eyeball and then drop their daks and insert it into their bo bo until they are at home in the perceived privacy of their own latrine to deposit it into the waste water management system .......not a smoker , not a fan of rinsing the man in the street for poxy misdemeanours either......as it's probably pissing down and freezing cold you ain't gonna drop yer keks outside gloria jeans are ya...??

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
The firm is not paid but takes two-thirds of the fines they issue.

After their first six months of operation The Argus revealed the firm had issued 480 fines to smokers but only five for littering.

Quelle surprise.

Edit. Doesn't two-thirds written look less than a written 66.66%.....

This is the most annoying thing, they don't go anywhere near Brighton beach in the summer despite there being literally tonnes of litter left every weekend. They could make so much money and have a really positive impact on the environment and people's behaviour but choose not to.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Chewing gum on pavements really gets my goat.

Yep. Another one. Walking along one of the walkways in the underground at Kings Cross this week. A woman on front of me blew her nose on a tissue then placed it on the floor. I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed out that that was disgusting. She agreed and said I should pick it up. :shrug:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Yep. Another one. Walking along one of the walkways in the underground at Kings Cross this week. A woman on front of me blew her nose on a tissue then placed it on the floor. I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed out that that was disgusting. She agreed and said I should pick it up. :shrug:

She placed her nose on the floor?
OK. She "placed" the tissue on the floor?? Didn't drop it? How queer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here