PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 2nd February 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Dan Cook, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Roger East

TEAM NEWS

Brighton left-back Bernardo could return after five games out with a hamstring injury.

Winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh is available again after returning from Asian Cup duty with Iran.

Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure is likely to miss a fourth successive match because of a knee injury.

Kiko Femenia (hamstring) and Sebastian Prodl (knee) are still out, while Tom Cleverley may be rested as he continues to build his match fitness.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: Just five points from the last nine games is the kind of tally which can disturb a manager's sleep.

Chris Hughton will be particularly frustrated that his Brighton side have twice let a two-goal lead slip since they last won in the league. After beating Crystal Palace on 4 December, they were 12 points above the relegation zone - that gap is now down to seven.

Watford's somewhat unfortunate loss at Wembley against Spurs on Wednesday ended a six-game unbeaten run. The Hornets have not finished a season in the top half of the top flight since 1987 - that's how good a campaign they're having.

After a somewhat nomadic coaching career which has taken him to Corfu and Kazan, Javi Gracia seems to have found his perfect home.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "Watford are a very good side, I saw them play against Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday evening and they did very well.

"They're a consistent side and a different proposition perhaps to different seasons - I think they can finish high up the table from what I've seen recently."

Watford head coach Javi Gracia: "It's a tough moment for us, we have a demanding schedule and we know Brighton are playing well at home.

"They are strong, and we will try to show our best defence because we need it to have options to win."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's only win in the past eight league meetings came in the corresponding fixture last season (D3, L4).
    [*=left]That is the Seagulls' only home victory in the six most recent attempts against Watford.
    [*=left]Watford are looking to do the league double over Brighton for the first time since the 1973-74 season, when they were both in the third tier.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could lose four top-flight games in a row in the same season for the first time since 1982.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have led 2-0 twice in the past four league matches but failed to win either (D1, L1).
    [*=left]They have scored 16 goals from a set piece this season, a joint-league high with Liverpool and Manchester United.
    [*=left]This will be Chris Hughton's fifth home league meeting with Watford, facing a different manager each time: Malky Mackay, Sean Dyche, Slavisa Jokanovic, Marco Silva and Javi Gracia.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray is one short of scoring 100 league goals for Brighton.
Watford

• [*=left]Watford have drawn three of their last five league matches.
    [*=left]Their defeat at Tottenham in midweek was their first loss in five away matches in the league.
    [*=left]The Hornets have scored 17 goals away from home in this season's Premier League, one more than they have at Vicarage Road.
    [*=left]Only Manchester United have conceded more goals from a set piece than Watford's total of 13 in this Premier League campaign.
    [*=left]Troy Deeney has scored in three of his four league away appearances for Watford against Brighton - although all were in the second tier.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am thinking I am not going to think about this until 3pm.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can we go back to the strategy of gifting them a goal and fighting back to nick it, rather than going 2 up and then blowing it please.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Oh Chris is bigging up the opposition, they are a great team in form blah blah blah...no change there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1-1

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Murray starts I'm going home.

#OneForTheFans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoops as ref , I’m already fearing the worst

I believe he has only refereed 5 Premier League games all season, you have to wonder why? Maybe he has been injured?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Big reaction needed today.
Watford are a quality outfit.
Worried about this one to be honest

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Betting has swung heavy in our favour. Watford really have nothing to play for ...... Feeling a little more positive today. Draw wouldn't be end of world to steady the ship.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here