Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sauber renamed Alfa Romeo Racing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry Lewis I am changing my F1 allegiance to the team that carries the name of my car of choice!

Come on Kimi!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Excellent news

Such an iconic badge

Owned a 156 for best part of 15 years with very little trouble

Great to see a fully fledged Alfa team back in F1

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Does this mean it'll be great for about a third of the race then retire in a cloud of steam?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Does this mean it'll be great for about a third of the race then retire in a cloud of steam?

Question has to asked - how many Alfas have you owned? Typical non Alfa owners response :smile:

Oh, and you forgot to add “it’ll dissolve faster than a soluble disprin in the rain” :wink:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

The only change would be to put the drivers number a few inches to the right

I love Alfas, the Montreal has to be up there as one of the best looking cars IMO

70__ALFA_ROMEO_Montreal__.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This new name sounds a lot faster than the old one.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Bit harsh,the only Alfa part on the car is the name badge,and I think that will be well stuck on.The rest is mainly Ferrari,so should be very quick.Good season coming up with at least 5 teams with a chance of winning races.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
This might open the door to Ferrari doing something that they proposed to Red Bull a few years back. Ferrari R&D produces multiple power unit concepts. They've picked a specific direction to go in with the Ferrari unit, but they likely have a couple more concepts on the shelf that could be almost as good (if not better). They could farm out one of those alternative concepts for Alfa to finalise and develop, then stick in the back of their car. Gives them two different concepts on the race track being intensely developed and thus accelerating R&D into future years.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This new name sounds a lot faster than the old one.

Sticking an Alfa logo on it last year certainly made it faster than the previous year, so full Alfa livery will make it even faster :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fiat looking for more clout in F1 then.

Just be grateful Jaguar Land Rover aren’t getting involved in F1, TATA does not sound like classic old school British :smile:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Excellent news

Such an iconic badge

Owned a 156 for best part of 15 years with very little trouble

Great to see a fully fledged Alfa team back in F1

I love them but as Jeremy Clarkson says 'buy an Alfa and you see the world from the hard shoulder of a motorway'. I had a 156 and the engine blew within a week and again twice in three years. Alfa were good about it. They did the repairs for nothing, outside the warranty because it was an oil issue with the recommended oil being too thick and not lubcricating the top valves correctly. I still so enjoyed having one though and will like many pledge allegiance to the Alfa Romeo badge in F1.

TNBA

TTF

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I love them but as Jeremy Clarkson says 'buy an Alfa and you see the world from the hard shoulder of a motorway'. I had a 156 and the engine blew within a week and again twice in three years. Alfa were good about it. They did the repairs for nothing, outside the warranty because it was an oil issue with the recommended oil being too thick and not lubcricating the top valves correctly. I still so enjoyed having one though and will like many pledge allegiance to the Alfa Romeo badge in F1.

TNBA

TTF

That's some bad luck there TTF

Mine was so reliable, must have done 6 or 7 round trips to France
And I live around 10 hours away from Dieppe

Just recently I did Nantes and back in a day,that took around 12 hours
No probs at all
Such a comfortable drive

Unfortunately it's just failed the control technique
So I've had to retire the old girl

Now I drive a Renault captor and considering it's new
It's not a patch on my 2001 Alfa