Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion sign Jan Mlakar

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Slovenian striker Jan Mlakar from NK Maribor on undisclosed terms.

The 20-year-old, who has scored ten goals in 20 appearances for Maribor this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Seagulls, but will return on loan to the Slovenian top-tier club until the end of the season.

Albion’s pathway development manager David Weir said, “We’re delighted to welcome Jan to the football club. He’s shown potential during his time playing senior football across Europe, and he’s a great long-term addition to our club.

“Jan has a good amount of experience for a young player, and we feel it’s beneficial for his development to return to Maribor for the remainder of the season.

“He’ll continue to play first-team football at a high standard, and we’ll keep track of his progress through until the end of the season.”

After starting his career in Slovenia, Mlakar joined Fiorentina in Italy before progressing through the club’s youth system, which saw him make his debut in Serie A against Palermo in 2017.

Following a brief loan spell with Venezia in Serie B, the forward signed for Maribor and returned to his home nation, where he featured three times during the club’s qualifying campaign for the UEFA Europa League.

Mlakar has also represented Slovenia’s national team at various youth levels, playing for the under-16s, under-17s, under-19s and under-21s since making his first appearance in 2014.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Slovenian striker Jan Mlakar from NK Maribor on undisclosed terms.

The 20-year-old, who has scored ten goals in 20 appearances for Maribor this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Seagulls, but will return on loan to the Slovenian top-tier club until the end of the season.

Albion’s pathway development manager David Weir said, “We’re delighted to welcome Jan to the football club. He’s shown potential during his time playing senior football across Europe, and he’s a great long-term addition to our club.

“Jan has a good amount of experience for a young player, and we feel it’s beneficial for his development to return to Maribor for the remainder of the season.

“He’ll continue to play first-team football at a high standard, and we’ll keep track of his progress through until the end of the season.”

After starting his career in Slovenia, Mlakar joined Fiorentina in Italy before progressing through the club’s youth system, which saw him make his debut in Serie A against Palermo in 2017.

Following a brief loan spell with Venezia in Serie B, the forward signed for Maribor and returned to his home nation, where he featured three times during the club’s qualifying campaign for the UEFA Europa League.

Mlakar has also represented Slovenia’s national team at various youth levels, playing for the under-16s, under-17s, under-19s and under-21s since making his first appearance in 2014.

MODS PLEASE MERGE :facepalm:

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...lakar-Slovenia-U21-striker-reportedly-SINGING

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wonder what will happen if we aren't in The Premiership at the end of the season ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The non-league sides of Sussex must be excited about all these (once-)promising youngsters from overseas who will be coming their way a year or so from now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we would probably start in the Championship next season then .....

Methinks he might have a chat with his agent and be " uncertain " about whether The Championship is for him.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
18:43
'I still can't believe it'

Brighton & Hove Albion

New Brighton signing Jan Mlakar: "Everything here is incredible. I don’t think I can count all the pitches! I still can’t believe that I’ve signed for such a good club.

"I will need to take a few days for it to sink in.”

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
18:43
'I still can't believe it'

Brighton & Hove Albion

New Brighton signing Jan Mlakar: "Everything here is incredible. I don’t think I can count all the pitches! I still can’t believe that I’ve signed for such a good club.

"I will need to take a few days for it to sink in.”

As long as he can score goals, I’m willing to forgive him for being unable to count.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here