Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's More Likely? We Stay 13th Forever? Or Move Up The Table? Or Down?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My thoughts too. Giraffe still has us 6 points ahead of his tracker.

This is why I can't understand the bed wetting, if anyone had said to me how do you fancy 26 points going INTO February with HOME games against BURNLEY, HUDDERSFIELD, CARDIFF, SOUTHAMPTON, BOURNEMOUTH & NEWCASTLE still to go I'd have snatched their hand off.

We need no more than 8 points for safety and I'd guess 6 would see us over the line. We'll finish on 43 points, 13th.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've also got a pre-season tenner on a top 10 finish

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is why I can't understand the bed wetting, if anyone had said to me how do you fancy 26 points going INTO February with HOME games against BURNLEY, HUDDERSFIELD, CARDIFF, SOUTHAMPTON, BOURNEMOUTH & NEWCASTLE still to go I'd have snatched their hand off.

We need no more than 8 points for safety and I'd guess 6 would see us over the line. We'll finish on 43 points, 13th.

Very true. Everyone seem to have gone into apoplexy ove one solitary 2nd hald performance againg Fulham. In the 1st half of that game people seem to have forgotten that we were excellent, scored two very good goals, and had Davy Propper's shot have gone in, rather than hit the bar, we would have been 3-0 up, and almost certainly the game would have been over.

Nothing is certain in football, but we are doing ok, and unless the wheels totally come off, and a couple of other teams go on a crazy winning run, we will be in the Premier League next season.

Personally l'm not too fussed as to where we finish, but l would like to reach safety before we have to face Arsenal and Manchester City in our final two games!

boik

That is an extremely good point.

The comments before the Man City game was let's hope we don't get hit for a cricket score...yet palace, who we all think are shit, won up there. Also the comments after the Chelsea game....oh we played well to keep them down ...and we couldn't have a go at them as they would rip us apart......really, does anyone think Bournemouth thought that when they ripped Chelsea a new one this week?

We all know this is hughton's tactics, but at times, it does show that if you really want it, it is worth going for it.

All it shows you is that football is unpredictable by nature. No point getting OVER excited by wins or losses, but definitely enjoy the wins.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Squandered a 6 point cushion, will be happy to stay there pick up just enough points.
I think we will be safe anyway.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
A couple more seasons of mid table mediocrity will do our finances wonders. Unlike other teams our size (in fact essentially any team outside of the top 6 and maybe Everton/Leicester) we have really invested in the club infrastructure first, squad second. CH has gone for a safety first approach which, at times although frustrating and limiting, will allow us to survive. Once our coffers have been bolstered by a few seasons of Sky’s money we will be able to gradually invest in higher quality players (from now I’d rather in the summers by 2 quality additions rather than 5/6 mediocre ones) and the shackles will slowly be released. Clubs like Bournemouth, Palace possibly Fulham will struggle like hell if they went down (look at palaces wage bill for starters), what i’d like to think even if we were to go down we have a pool of younger players to fall back on and could keep a strong enough squad to bounce back (although there’s no guarantees about coming straight back up, in certain we wouldn’t be in serious financial problems). It maybe frustrating now but I’m sure it will pay dividends sooner rather than later.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Finnish 13th , and that will do , i expect the tally for safety this season will be 31 points , last seasons droppers Stoke 33 Swansea 33 West Brom 31 .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are one of the fortunate teams with 8 home games left, some have 7, some only 6.

We've no away games left to teams below us, other than palace.

No reason to think we can't go up a place or 2 in the league now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here