Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test, West Indies v England, North Sound, Antigua

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Broad has found some late swing... surely deadly against the tail if he can get Holder or Bravo?

240-6, leading by 53

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This appears to have been "one of those days"

Nothing really going in England's favour.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Very slow going in the last 10 overs... 19 runs and hardly a sniff of a wicket

259-6

8 overs to go...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play, day two

West Indies 272-6 (111 overs)

Bravo 33* (165 balls) Holder 19* (58 balls)

With a lead of 85 runs with 4 wickets in hand and power to add in the morning, the WIndies are firmly in control.

Fascinating day of cricket.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Time for Joe Root to step up or this series and match are all over...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Time for Joe Root to step up or this series and match are all over...

I think that didn't go to well ? I mentioned the other day Root is starting to look a shadow of the man who could dominate with the bat in almost any Cricket format from 20/20 to Test Cricket, is it just a bad trot or has he been sussed out by the bowlers ? Either way, it's almost impossible to win this one from here now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think that didn't go to well ? I mentioned the other day Root is starting to look a shadow of the man who could dominate with the bat in almost any Cricket format from 20/20 to Test Cricket, is it just a bad trot or has he been sussed out by the bowlers ? Either way, it's almost impossible to win this one from here now.

I think his brain is scrambled. You only have to listen to the complete shit he talks in his interviews. He has not been a very good captain, imo.

Denly gone now too. Stokes and Buttler need a 100 partnership minimum.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
England march on.

Scores are level. Sam Curran to set a target.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can we be SO inept ? we have posted 2 T20 scores batting in a Test Match. Lord knows what the Aussies are going to do to us !

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Start the pedalo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This really isn't going to take long.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
How can we be SO inept ? we have posted 2 T20 scores batting in a Test Match. Lord knows what the Aussies are going to do to us !
I think you’re underestimating how bad Australia are at the moment. (And I say that as an Australian, rather than as an Englishman living in Australia). Our pace attack is quite quick, but they don’t have the skill to move the ball around like the windies bowlers have today. (Roach’s spell at the end was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time). And with the exception of the last couple of days, our batsmen have struggled in Australian conditions. We’ll struggle to pass 250 in England.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think you’re underestimating how bad Australia are at the moment. (And I say that as an Australian, rather than as an Englishman living in Australia). Our pace attack is quite quick, but they don’t have the skill to move the ball around like the windies bowlers have today. (Roach’s spell at the end was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time). And with the exception of the last couple of days, our batsmen have struggled in Australian conditions. We’ll struggle to pass 250 in England.

So will we !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This has got to the point where if England went out with the aim of getting as many runs in 50 overs as possible they'd get a larger total than they're currently getting batting in test mode.

You might as well pick Jason Roy and tell him to bat in his normal one day manner. He'd average more than these Post-Cook binners.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You might as well pick Jason Roy and tell him to bat in his normal one day manner. He'd average more than these Post-Cook binners.

I'd say we should do the exact opposite and pick a couple of batters who play little or no limited overs cricket. Because he plays for Sussex, Luke Wells springs to mind - but there could be others. We certainly need a genuine number 3.

And start picking bowlers: it's crazy that we bowl more than 130 overs and our number 9 batsman bowls just 13 of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here