Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test, West Indies v England, North Sound, Antigua

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think you’re underestimating how bad Australia are at the moment.

They will have Warner and Smith back for the Ashes. You could argue they should have been banned longer, but they weren't. Whatever you think about them as people, they're two world class batsmen, who'll greatly improve the Aussie team. It also looks like they've found a few decent batters to go with them - it may mean never seeing a Marsh again.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
They will have Warner and Smith back for the Ashes. You could argue they should have been banned longer, but they weren't. Whatever you think about them as people, they're two world class batsmen, who'll greatly improve the Aussie team. It also looks like they've found a few decent batters to go with them - it may mean never seeing a Marsh again.
Given past precedence, I not quite sure how you could argue for longer bans. In recent times, Mike Atherton only copped a fine, as did du Plessis and Philander, while Afridi copped a two match ban. It’s doubtful that the ICC would have been as severe on the three Australians as Cricket Australia were.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Test cricket globally is in crisis. 20/20 cricket has changed the game and now that every nation has a league and its not just the IPL things will get worse.

Nobody bothers to watch the 4 day game at domestic level anywhere really and some nations have taken test cricket for granted. The test league thing for me is a bit half arsed too. It's great the Windies are back but its helped that everybody else has got worse.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd say we should do the exact opposite and pick a couple of batters who play little or no limited overs cricket. Because he plays for Sussex, Luke Wells springs to mind - but there could be others. We certainly need a genuine number 3.

And start picking bowlers: it's crazy that we bowl more than 130 overs and our number 9 batsman bowls just 13 of them.

He isn't a test class batsman.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here