Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone out?

el punal

Why? Are we as customers now treating the club as a shop where we buy and sell players hoping to turn a profit?

I used to look forward to being introduced to players and then watching them play ...or thinking " who the **** is this alan biley, he is shit" That was what football was about....not seeing we have made a transaction to take a player, loan him back, and then for him to disappear into the U23 witness protection programme.

I’m afraid that’s the way it is. You can look back and think that’s how I preferred it but the reality is football (and many other sports) has evolved into something totally unrecognisable from twenty to thirty years ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not knocking it but do you still prefer to play Earth, Wind and Fire and other disco music on your record player? And play Subbuteo? And make model air fix?
Yes, yes I do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember the days when we used to sing players and they would be introduced to teh crowd by ron pavey and they would be in the team straight away as we bought players to replace inferior players or ones we shipped out.

Now we get all excited ( no we ****ing don't) about signing players who we immediately loan back to their club, so we have no idea who they are or if they are any good..

So I assume we have 3 of the latest signings back at their clubs and Percy world beater too, and we have also loaned out other players. Remember when we all were OUTRAGED when we found out that premier clubs were buying up players and loaning them out with no intention of ever playing them? Are we turning into that sort of club?

Have to confess I, too, am very meh about the under 23s. Yes I enjoy hearing how well they are doing but as I don’t make the effort to go and watch them play and the only time I do see them is in a short cameo or a reserve team Cup game, I cannot think of them as Albion players in the old way. I can see the logic in making money this way but as none of them actually cement a place in the first team anymore, and are unlikely to do so (Gyokeres MAY be the exception here, who knows) I feel very detached from them on hearing we have bought one or that some have gone out on loan.

It’s a bit shit from an “Ooh, this is exciting I wonder if he’ll be any good” way of thinking. It’s like having an affiliate club that has no impact on me as a fan :shrug:

Chelsea Lite. I can’t be arsed to get enthusiastic about how an Albion youth player I’ve hardly, if ever seen play, is doing at Luton, Aldershot or some Scottish club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nah, it's falling out of love with football...it's been creeping up on me for a while and is coming to a head.

Try another hobby.

alternatives to football.gif

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That was what football was about....not seeing we have made a transaction to take a player, loan him back, and then for him to disappear into the U23 witness protection programme.

Why is it still a surprise or remains a tired old joke on here that being in the Premier League , with a 25 man squad stuffed full of internationals and multi million pound signings that the chances of our academy squad or loanees breaking through will be small. Or that we will sign lots of players , most of whom won't make it as premier league regulars.
We've just given someone who turned 19 a week ago 3.5 year contract. We haven't done for a teenager since Christian Walton.
And we've a 20 year old centre forward training with the first team. But of course players will get to 21 and be let go or be sold. Thats how it is.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not knocking it but do you still prefer to play Earth, Wind and Fire and other disco music on your record player? And play Subbuteo? And make model air fix?

Haven't done airfix for a while...prefer tamiya. Lol. I know what you are saying, but I do know a lot of people who have stopped going due to everything around the game now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't done airfix for a while...prefer tamiya. Lol. I know what you are saying, but I do know a lot of people who have stopped going due to everything around the game now.

I don't care what's going on 'around the game', and haven't for years.

I genuinely see Brighton & Hove Albion as a separate entity to 'planet football'.
Other than listening to one or two football podcasts I have no other interest in the game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I genuinely see Brighton & Hove Albion as a separate entity to 'planet football'.
Other than listening to one or two football podcasts I have no other interest in the game.

Good for you.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

I've become like that too.

I just watch the albion games on Match of the day and then I'm done. The rest of it I couldn't give a toss about.

Football has become far too cringy and serious for me to care about. But Brighton on the other hand....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I just watch the albion games on Match of the day and then I'm done.

Football has become far too cringy and serious for me to care about. But Brighton on the other hand....
I don't even do that...

...well I do but only when we win, so it's the same difference. :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I just watch the albion games on Match of the day and then I'm done. The rest of it I couldn't give a toss about.

Yep, especially after we've lost, my 'football world' brain just switches off until we next play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't think of any reason why I would feel so distant from football:-

[tweet]1090940825536811009[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He scared the bejesus out of their defense from the minute he got on the pitch.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah had a good chance near the end ,he would of scored if rather than smashing the ball straight at the keeper , he would of stroked it pass the keeper

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Aksam report Fenerbahce couldn’t complete the signing of Brighton and Hove Albion forward Florin Andone because of Leicester City loanee Islam Slimani.
According to the Turkish newspaper, Andone could still get a move in the summer to Fenerbahce as they will make another attempt to land the Brighton man.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claim-brighton-player-couldnt-leave-due-leicester-city-deal-collapsing/

SportWitness is one of the biggest bullsh*tting media sources out there. Totally ignore it. I'm sure if you find any reports they've written on us, they will be wrong. For example, they wrote that Msakni had signed for us already...then when time passed it was 'he failed a Medical' - a medical didn't take place. One of MANY rubbish stories.

I've no idea how some think that they're a creditable source

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here