Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing from 2-0 up.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Was wondering when was the last time we lost after being 2-0 up?
I've been watching us since regularly since 1990 and honestly cannot remember it happening before in this time. I'm sure it must have done but cannot think of any occasions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody. Yet another thread on last night's debacle. FFS.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't know, but one of my first games was against Chester (who were bottom of the league) who went 2-0 up before the Albion came back to win 3-2 :goal:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Couldn't give an example but I seem to recall being subjected to endless chants of "2-0 and you ****ed it up" over the years. Surely at least one of them was a defeat?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
The Albion were 2 up at Withdean against Sheffield Utd with 15 minutes to go in season 2002- 2003 and managed to lose 2-4.
If my memory is correct 2 of the goals were penalties.
The following week we lost 5-0 at Palace with , I think, all the goals coming in the first hour, therefore the Albion had conceded 9 goals in about 75 minutes.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
The Albion were 2 up at Withdean against Sheffield Utd with 15 minutes to go in season 2002- 2003 and managed to lose 2-4.
If my memory is correct 2 of the goals were penalties.
The following week we lost 5-0 at Palace with , I think, all the goals coming in the first hour, therefore the Albion had conceded 9 goals in about 75 minutes.

Thanks. I suspect this may have been the last time it happened. Certainly hasn't happened recently before last night.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not about last night at all (not directly anyway) - I was just wondering when the last time this happened was as I cannot recall ever seeing it before.
If anything this is a positive thread showing how rare it is.

Apologies.

Still feeling shit after yesterday. :tantrum::cry:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies.

Still feeling shit after yesterday. :tantrum::cry:

No problem - understandable!
Seen a lot on twitter etc of people saying "typical Brighton" or similar so was wondering when it last happened.
Looks like it was about 16 years ago so not that typical!

You think last night was bad, they're even having a go at Radio Sussex.
#prayforwozza

"I listened to the commentary on Radio Sussex last night. The commentator was a tad biased towards them Seagulls but in the second half said that we had simply blown them away and could not believe it, as none of us could. However the pundit sitting alongside whose name I was not sure of, Warren something, was well over the top. First half he went over the line and was laughing at us as he eulogised about Brighton, "Tom Cairney is never Premiership class he has made no difference since coming on...they are down, they really are an awful side....we are home and dry..." I did enjoy the second half as his voice gradually went down a few decibels as ours went up as he choked on his own opinions......."

Old Sods Army Radio Sussx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here