Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Every Albion match shown live on TV - an incredible online resource....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Today I have stumbled across an incredible online resource covering every Albion match that has been shown live on TV in the UK. It has been created by an Albion fan called Mark O'Meara. I have no idea who he is, or whether he posts on NSC, but he deserves a medal for the amount of research that has gone into this website:-

BRIGHTON and HOVE ALBION FC LIVE ON TV

It looks like it might be a work in progress, with detailed accounts of many of the first 29 matches shown; hopefully others will be added in due course.

Did you know that the FA Cup 4th round replay at WBA next Wednesday will be the 114th live Albion match shown on TV in the UK?

All I can say to Mark is:-

:bowdown: :clap2:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
What a great find.

The last time we were on the BBC for a live game was Thursday 26th May 1983. About time they showed us again.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Really great find. Seems so crazy that Albion on live TV is such a recent thing -- remember the Bournemouth game, and watching the Chester game at the greyhound stadium. Pretty shocked those were so early in the days of TV.

Playoff final in 91 wasn't on tele anywhere? Just highlights I expect...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Excellent find. One to show the kids who will be gobsmacked by the sheer lack of live games in the 80's and 90s. The fact I can remember all those early ones highlights what a treat it was when it happened.

Interesting that he has added the women's games as well. Until now I didn't even realise they had been on the telly otherwise I'd have taken a look.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting that he has added the women's games as well. Until now I didn't even realise they had been on the telly otherwise I'd have taken a look.

Having not lived in the UK for 16 years, I'm not really sure what the BBC "red button" is. Does everyone with a TV have the ability to get that "channel" (I'm not even sure that channel is the right word)?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Having not lived in the UK for 16 years, I'm not really sure what the BBC "red button" is. Does everyone with a TV have the ability to get that "channel" (I'm not even sure that channel is the right word)?

Picture the telly you had 16 years ago. What they've done is made them slimmer, but on the top put a MASSIVE red button. At anytime when you are bored of what you are watching you can just hit this button and something random comes up. Quite often it's a minority sport like snooker, netball or show jumping. Apparently sometimes it is women's football.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Picture the telly you had 16 years ago. What they've done is made them slimmer, but on the top put a MASSIVE red button. At anytime when you are bored of what you are watching you can just hit this button and something random comes up. Quite often it's a minority sport like snooker, netball or show jumping. Apparently sometimes it is women's football.

:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a list, although it does confirm my suspicion that we do less well when we're on TV,

I've been to 61 of them - not bad considering that I stopped going to away games when we had kids

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Today I have stumbled across an incredible online resource covering every Albion match that has been shown live on TV in the UK. It has been created by an Albion fan called Mark O'Meara. I have no idea who he is, or whether he posts on NSC, but he deserves a medal for the amount of research that has gone into this website:-

BRIGHTON and HOVE ALBION FC LIVE ON TV

It looks like it might be a work in progress, with detailed accounts of many of the first 29 matches shown; hopefully others will be added in due course.

Did you know that the FA Cup 4th round replay at WBA next Wednesday will be the 114th live Albion match shown on TV in the UK?

All I can say to Mark is:-

:bowdown: :clap2:

Paging [MENTION=37512]BHAFCLive[/MENTION] - time for your first post chap!

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I could have sworn that the ‘92 FA Cup game against Crawley was live on the telly. I wasn’t living in Brighton at the time, so couldn’t go, but maybe I only saw the highlights?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here