Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
These incidents are an embarrassment to our club and i'm glad we've taken swift and decisive action.

It's unlikely, but if it turns out that any these incidents aren't as they've been described (we know the OB don't usually feel they have to be truthful about football supporters and stewards will band together to look out for each other as well) or there's been a case of mistaken identity, this ban could still be revoked.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
FFS, why does it matter who or in what order they attacked people. The fact that seemed not to be disputed is the attacks happened so why do you think the club overreacted.

Oh. You’re completly misinterpreting a post on purpose to make some smug smarmy comment. Imagine my shock.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well he warned about unnacceptable stuff far removed from flasks/bottle tops.

No doubt with the Board acting in concert every time, although the small number of fans who don’t warm to PB will always deem it to be “BARBER”.

I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make. Where was the offence and reaction to those warnings 'far removed from flasks/bottle tops'? There was none because people aren't stupid. So it leaves the question 'What warnings were taken offence too and what relevance do they have to low life tossers assaulting and threatening people?' It appears to me to be a pathetic attempt to justify ridiculous and pointless threats regarding the concealment of bottle tops. Such threats devalue important and relevant statements.

Yes I sure its with the boards approval and yes I don't warm to the man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There will always be a few turds at any club and it's sad to hear of these events last week. Well done to the club in kicking them out for life.

Can't believe though that the age range of those involved went up to someone in their 50's? Surely they should be more mature than to do something so stupid at that age?

You couldn't make it up. This behaviour is pathetic from anyone, but someone in their 50's - good grief!

I suspect most of the broflakes who mock the 'clueless' comments of those of us who don't hanker for the days when you could call a spade a spade are over 50. Especially those who like to share shakey film of people running about in packs and doing the 'hold me back' dance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the day, NSC reported fisticuffs at Falmer Train Station just before kick off.

Aye ...was just behind the incident and passed with people being held on the floor...just felt at the time what a stupid thing to get caught in and miss the footie....obviously more to it than I thought at the time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds like the club have got it right and I share PB's exasperation that the good name of the club has been tarnished by these gits.

Tarnished? It’s besmirch, you besmirch the good name of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whoever they are can absolutely do one, those incidents have nothing to do with football.

Correct to ban them and I hope they're all held criminally responsible for their actions.

Err. Without condoning these Muppets and their antics I doubt very much that they would have been marauding pissed up around station approach on a matchday were it not for football

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
"Once again"............

That infers this happens a lot, does it and if so clearly not reported

el punal

Err. Without condoning these Muppets and their antics I doubt very much that they would have been marauding pissed up around station approach on a matchday were it not for football

Not a great deal to do in downtown Falmer on a Saturday afternoon. Perhaps they could have been visiting the duck pond if it were not for the footie.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
So, how do I handle this? I took my 9 year old grandson to his ? 6 match at the Amex on Saturday. His Mum has just
heard on the BBC news that “ there were knife attacks at the Amex and people arrested. You are not taking my son there ...ever”

I have tried to calm her down but do wonder what this publicity will do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So, how do I handle this? I took my 9 year old grandson to his ? 6 match at the Amex on Saturday. His Mum has just
heard on the BBC news that “ there were knife attacks at the Amex and people arrested. You are not taking my son there ...ever”

I have tried to calm her down but do wonder what this publicity will do.

I'd suggest she reads the article. There was no knife attack...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whilst I’m not one of the ‘usual’ suspects some of this has made me feel uneasy, largely down to the lack of detail. So I’m going to play devils advocate.

Female doctor attending someone and attacked by them. The worse case is someone in their 20’s who’s had to much to drink spitting at/hitting a doctor. But it could also be the person in their 50’s who has had a tumble and has pushed away a doctor trying to help him due to embarrassment. There’s such a wide spectrum that could be covered by how it’s worded and that’s why it makes me a little uncomfortable.

My Granddad suffered from dementia and whilst in hospital woke up to two nurses speaking Thai. Confused and in unfamiliar surroundings he panicked and ended up twatting one of the nurses with his walking stick, hurting her pretty seriously. On the outside that’s a bloke assaulting a female nurse. But with context it’s much easier to understand why it happened. A vulnerable man woke up and his fight or flight instincts took over. He was a Brighton season ticket and away game regular for 40+ years, he still went right up until he was hospitalised. If he’d had a turn at a Brighton game... :shrug:

Threatening to stab a steward? Fair enough, lifetime ban.
Attacking innocent away fans? Yet again, perfectly acceptable to be given a ban.
Assaulting a doctor? You literally can’t tell if it’s a fair punishment or not unless you saw the entire incident.

You're Grandad had dementia. One would think that is mitigation enough- as indeed it would have been seen. I suspect he wouldn't have attacked opposition supporters either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Steady on. There is no evidence that anybody had a knife. (Threats to stab, are just that).

Do you work for Sussex Police?

#knuckledusters

Maybe I'm being naive but why would someone threaten to stab somebody if they hadn't got the means?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tarnish and besmirch both have the same meaning - in this case, to sully the good name and reputation of the club.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2015/august/represent-albion-with-pride-and-passion/

“Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club in any way or through any means. ”

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
There will always be a few turds at any club and it's sad to hear of these events last week. Well done to the club in kicking them out for life.

Can't believe though that the age range of those involved went up to someone in their 50's? Surely they should be more mature than to do something so stupid at that age?

You couldn't make it up. This behaviour is pathetic from anyone, but someone in their 50's - good grief!

In my experience there are well behaved teenagers and over 50's who you wouldnt trust to behave themselves sober let alone drunk. Age has nothing to do with behavior like this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe I'm being naive but why would someone threaten to stab somebody if they hadn't got the means?

Looking at it another way, would someone be that stupid to bring a knife to a game where you are body searched prior to going into the stadium

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I really don't think it's difficult to understand at all...

"Get away from me or I'll ****ing stab you"

It's nothing any of us would say, but I can imagine someone would in the right (wrong) circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here