Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I am a bit surprised at P.B.'s choice of words here, "Once again we find ourselves dealing with a number of issues we do not want at this club".

I understand his disappointment, but I think in general, we have pretty few issues for a venue with 30,000 people attending and alcohol on sale, unless I am blissfully unaware of regular trouble. Even if it is a regular occurrence, it doesn't seem good PR to suggest it in the statement.

PB was on Talksport this morning and stated that there had been a clear increase in unacceptable behaviour towards the back end of last year and creeping into this. It wasn't specified whether that was amongst home or away fans. I can only assume that he is more interested in sending a clear message to people who can't control themselves, rather than the PR aspect.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

Support the clubs stance and the bans but have to say would keep the warnings to the stadium announcements and communications to fans as the media coverage of this and previous bans is portraying a false image of the matchday experience.

We have been on south today about 3 times this year already about fan bans and once homophobic abuse (obviously did not mention is was away fans). I have had friends and family all comment to me that there seems to be a lot of ‘trouble’ at Brighton which really is miles from the matchday experience.

So zero tolerance yes but think we need to be a little more careful as a club that we don’t take a turd in our own back yard and give out a false perception of what attending a brighton match is like

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I was once told by an armed response officer that if a person carried a gun they would probably use it in some form at some point so the same must follow with carrying a knife.

Actually the stats show that people that carry knives are at greatest risk from being stabbed with their own knife. But carry on.......

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
PB was on Talksport this morning and stated that there had been a clear increase in unacceptable behaviour towards the back end of last year and creeping into this. It wasn't specified whether that was amongst home or away fans. I can only assume that he is more interested in sending a clear message to people who can't control themselves, rather than the PR aspect.

That is disappointing, but maybe it just seems like an increase when there are four home games including Palace and Chelsea in a month, and we only had 3 home games in the previous two months?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't know about any ban. Except the ban (block) I have on the monosyllabic one, which means I only get the intentional comedy :lolol:

Edit, I see its 3 months for racism....and Hopkinshite the face-puncher has been permanently banned. Where did I put that small onion.....

The one snag of your ignore list, is that you miss the drama building up to a mod’s decision.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Just twats. Unfortunately they label themselves and associate them selves with a football club then it becomes "fans of x club". When they would still be twats just "revellers on x street" in x town. A society problem of a minority of idiots who are fans of being morons more than fans of football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here