Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CMS to Notts County

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
On loan from Wycombe. Now playing for the bottom club in the league. A downward spiral.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Strange how his talent just seemed to evaporate outside of Peterborough. Did Gus break him ?

Signing for a club 8 points adrift of safety, club up for sale, on their 3rd manager this season, and playing for a chairman who gets his dick out on Twitter. Got to feel a bit sorry for the fella.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Strange how his talent just seemed to evaporate outside of Peterborough. Did Gus break him ?

Signing for a club 8 points adrift of safety, club up for sale, on their 3rd manager this season, and playing for a chairman who gets his dick out on Twitter. Got to feel a bit sorry for the fella.

I mean, he did wreck his knee completely pretty early on with us. So in a way, yes.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

I found our buying of CMS really strange and it didn't work out well for either side. Gus seemed obsessed with signing him based on how he was performing from Peterbro - even to the point of letting Glenn Murray go as we weren't prepared to pay for both.

So we brought CMS in and then asked him to play in the Glenn Murray role which was ridiculous! It didn't work for us and it sure as hell didn't work well for him either. Square peg in a round hole.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I found our buying of CMS really strange and it didn't work out well for either side. Gus seemed obsessed with signing him based on how he was performing from Peterbro - even to the point of letting Glenn Murray go as we weren't prepared to pay for both.

So we brought CMS in and then asked him to play in the Glenn Murray role which was ridiculous! It didn't work for us and it sure as hell didn't work well for him either. Square peg in a round hole.

Basically then, we ruined him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He always seemed a pretty decent bloke, used to run his arse off, a shame it has never quite clicked for him after Peterborough.

A terrific overhead kick at Burnley, though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Was on Albion Unlimited last week ...and seemed very happy at Wycombe

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010

Interesting point of view. I never looked at it that way
Why would you ask a player who couldn’t control a ball
to hold the ball up
I don’t think I’ve seen a striker at championship level
with such a bad first touch I think that was his problem
Nice bloke though who tried his best
Saying that he scored a cracker away at Derby with a first time strike
which was handy for him he didn’t try to control it
Not one of our best signings IMO

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
CMS- is now your archetypal journeyman, thoroughly likable, incredibly hardworking and fans have probably judged his time with us a little harshly. You could blame us and particularly GP for his decline but he never regained the momentum he had at Peterborough. It could be why Bloom is averse to buying Football League players.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The tone of conversation about CMS seems to decrease every time he pops up. To counter, I'd like to tell you all to shut up with the negativity about him. He had a terrible time with us but he never lacked for passion, desire or work ethic. There are a lot of players who have been signed before and since who showed less than a tenth of his determination. It didn't work out here and that's extremely disappointing for everyone concerned, but there's really no need to keep kicking him.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The tone of conversation about CMS seems to decrease every time he pops up. To counter, I'd like to tell you all to shut up with the negativity about him. He had a terrible time with us but he never lacked for passion, desire or work ethic. There are a lot of players who have been signed before and since who showed less than a tenth of his determination. It didn't work out here and that's extremely disappointing for everyone concerned, but there's really no need to keep kicking him.

Well said .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Strange how his talent just seemed to evaporate outside of Peterborough. Did Gus break him?

Well seeing as how we bought him off the back of a season that saw Peterborough play a particularly head-mental form of kick and rush (Goals For: 106, Goals Against: 75) hard to see how ANY manager outside of a Junior School League could have arranged their team to play to his skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here