Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] From Withdean to Wembley...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What did everyone think of it last night then?

Second time Ive heard the song sung last night the previous time at United, Lots of people joining in last night as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
First time I have been able to discern the lyrics. I think it's an excellent song. Hopefully more will pick up on it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What is the tune as don't think I have heard it - even a mumbled version?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Its a Beautiful South song I think.

Edit* Beautiful South Rotterdam (Or Anywhere)

I would have never guessed that TBH.
I heard the song for the first time at the West Brom match and didn't realise it was to the tune of Rotterdam, and I'm a fan of The Beautiful South.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
NSC does make me laugh, I'm sure most suggestions on here get rubbished, luckily those who start the songs generally dont give a monkeys what most think.

The Bissouma song would have be laughed at on here. Like most decent songs it will start and grow organically.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think it's great to have a unique song for LD.

I've heard it loads at home, but never been able to work out the second line, so haven't joined in.
Thought it was "Dunky stops them scoring goals."

Will give it a go now I know what the lyrics are.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think it's great to have a unique song for LD.

I've heard it loads at home, but never been able to work out the second line, so haven't joined in.
Thought it was "Dunky stops them scoring goals."

Will give it a go now I know what the lyrics are.

It’s not unique, West Brom fans were singing it about Aston Villa being in the Championship and now playing “Rotherham at home”

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I thought it sounded good last night although I now realise I was singing the wrong words.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’s not unique, West Brom fans were singing it about Aston Villa being in the Championship and now playing “Rotherham at home”

I didn't mean the tune, I mean't the type of chants, where it's the same regardless of the player.
as in:

<insert player name> runs down the wing for me..

every club seem's to have a
"We've got <insert player name>"

This song is about the player. "From Withdean to Wembley", is a great first line to sum up our pride in him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
NSC does make me laugh, I'm sure most suggestions on here get rubbished, luckily those who start the songs generally dont give a monkeys what most think.

The Bissouma song would have be laughed at on here. Like most decent songs it will start and grow organically.

But the Bissouma song was an instant hit in the stands, and it's obviously easy to sing along to.
More than one post on this thread from posters not knowing or understanding the words to the Dunk song.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
But the Bissouma song was an instant hit in the stands, and it's obviously easy to sing along to.
More than one post on this thread from posters not knowing or understanding the words to the Dunk song.

There are still people singing the wrong words to plenty of songs. Not sure that matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here