Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stewarding at Craven Cottage

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pretty poor

Got in the ground without being searched.
The gangways were all blocked around P6 ( I know it happens but this was worst I have seen)
Stewards blocking the steps going down from P6 so took a while to get down to the concourse at half time
Stewards checking tickets on P6 steps at half time delaying people getting back from concourse ( possibly not long enough though)

theboybilly

I understand why Fulham away is such a favourite for many (the pubs, the pleasant walk through the park, old school ground etc) but the away end needs upgrading. For many the uneven steps down from the entrance can catch out those with mobility problems but the worst thing is the open concourse. I know what to expect so I don't bother with it now, I just get to the ground as late as possible and head straight to my seat. That said Craven Cottage looked lovely from outside last night with the rain/sleet shining against the floodlights. Best part of the evening post-half time.
The Stewards in my experience were fine but some seemed to get a bit of a strop on in P6 over Albion fans moving from behind the pillar to the gangways

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To my shame I was in the Fulham stand (my brother is a sort of Fulham supporter) and he wanted us to sit together.

The stewards in the home end are complete ******* as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Non-existent stewarding at the back. No chance of reaching my seat and the aisles absolutely rammed. Just glad no-one slipped over and caused a bundle. It's all fairly standard for a London game, and in the end it did not impair my enjoyment of the game (the players took care of that!), but I really cannot understand why people do not sit in their seat, especially as for this game you could actually choose the seats you wanted. It is so irritating and given the weather conditions last night could have been dangerous.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The gangways were all blocked around P6 ( I know it happens but this was worst I have seen)

It was over-crowded because loads of fans were in that section that shouldn't have been.

Stewards blocking the steps going down from P6 so took a while to get down to the concourse at half time

Weren't they rechecking tickets at half-time due to the above?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The staff serving were also awfully slow.

Not the staff faults, the problem is with the design of the kiosk. Lots of staff at tills but the gap behind them was very narrow making it impossible to move to get any drinks until another staff member had returned to thir till and breathed in.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Saw plenty getting in without being searched. My own search was so appalling is it amazing, he patted my sleeves, then felt my very full pockets so asked what was in them (headphones, ipad, snacks etc) and then just let me in. For all he knew I could have been carrying a flask!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had a cottage pie and it was pretty dull

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was over-crowded because loads of fans were in that section that shouldn't have been.

Weren't they rechecking tickets at half-time due to the above?

Many of whom had tickets for the Neutral Zone but decided to go into the away end. Why didn't somebody up high realise that would happen?

The staff serving were also awfully slow.

The head of the catering was also heard moaning "they let them in too early, I haven't had chance to train the staff on the tills" This was clear when a young lass tried charging me £33.20 for two pies and two pints.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We commented it was the lightest search to get into a ground we'd ever experienced. Not sure why they even bothered.

The concourse set up, particularly at half time was a joke, made worse by a ticket check to the entrance at P6. Not sure if all blocks did but my daughter went in the next one (P6/P7) and didn't get asked. Still just about had time to go to the toilet and back but go knows how anyone got a drink, must have missed end of the first half or start of the second half.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We commented it was the lightest search to get into a ground we'd ever experienced. Not sure why they even bothered.

The concourse set up, particularly at half time was a joke, made worse by a ticket check to the entrance at P6. Not sure if all blocks did but my daughter went in the next one (P6/P7) and didn't get asked. Still just about had time to go to the toilet and back but go knows how anyone got a drink, must have missed end of the first half or start of the second half.

That last bit sounds familiar :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I rarely one to complain to stewards but I did make the point to a senior couple that their actions were actually endangering people rather than the other way round. They agreed.

Sorry say a few selfish Albion fans, my row was had "doubled up" because some people wanted to stand with their mates.

Obviously people were having trouble getting to their seats and the gangways (where I were) were rammed all game.

Stewards solution ? re-check tickets on entering the stand just as the second half kicked off, causing a right old snarl up with people being pushed around.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I wasn't searched going in. I don't really know why they bother.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
It was horrendous, the only reason I got searched was because I specifically waited to be, I could've just walked straight past and nobody would have batted an eyelid. I was surprised that the neutral section and away section shared turnstiles and concourse, what did they think was going to happen? There was somebody in my seat (which also was behind a massive pole, wasn't indicated on the ticket) so I stood in the Aisle. Catering was even worse than ours, football was shite, boo hiss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here