Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When did we last concede 4 goals in one half ?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Was it 1974 when we lost 2 - 8 to Bristol Rovers ?

There must be another more recent game when we capitulated so badly ? I hope they are really ashamed of themselves today .

We used to be good at defending . Whats going on?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Still have memories of Wigan at home ~2006/07 ish when we went 3-0 down in 10 mins, if I remember correct we were 4-0 down at half time and ended it 4-2 loss

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If it really is 45 years, like the OP suggests, that does call out all the overreaction to what is a once every two generations event

.. Although basic maths tells that the 1-7 at Huddersfield had to have had at least four in one of the halves

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
As a counter argument when did we score four goals in one half? Norwich at home in our promotion season, when we won 5-0. The year before when we scored four against Leeds in the first half .

Blackpool game in which we won 6-1, scored four times in the second half including a cracker by Hammond!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
In the 90/91 season we lost 6-1 away at Oldham - yes Oldham. I'm pretty sure they got two thirds of those goals in the 2nd half.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We let in 4 2nd half goals in our 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
3-0 down in 12 minutes at the Boleyn a few seasons ago, not sure if it was 3-0 or more at HT, eventually losing 6-0. The overwhelming feeling of wanting to go after 12 minutes was indescribable but decided, like having a tooth pulled, to see it through.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Liverpool 6 Brighton 1. Several of them being own goals.

Still have memories of Wigan at home ~2006/07 ish when we went 3-0 down in 10 mins, if I remember correct we were 4-0 down at half time and ended it 4-2 loss

In the 90/91 season we lost 6-1 away at Oldham - yes Oldham. I'm pretty sure they got two thirds of those goals in the 2nd half.

This game is stuck in my memory. 0-1 up at half time, then the flood-gates opened on the 58th minute. 5 goals in 17 minutes....

http://www.pompeyvoices.co.uk/story/8cef2b4172

I had the pleasure of being at every one of those debacles!

(Probably why my pants are dry today).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You shouldn't need many reasons to hate the skates, but locking us in, in the pouring rain while the tosser on the tannoy runs through the skate goalscorers is good enough reason on it's own.

While the locals showered us with stones from the car park behind the stand.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sheffield United at Withdean October 2002 springs to mind. Identical situation, 2 nil up at half time, and after an 18 minute 4 goal blitz by the Blades we lost 4-2!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
3-0 down in 12 minutes at the Boleyn a few seasons ago, not sure if it was 3-0 or more at HT, eventually losing 6-0. The overwhelming feeling of wanting to go after 12 minutes was indescribable but decided, like having a tooth pulled, to see it through.

The first and only game I have ever left before the end of the regulation 90 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here