Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton And Hove Albion PL2 v FC Bayern Munchen U23 19.00 Tonight

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure how many U23s we have left to choose from but those that are left face a stiff task in the latest installment of the Premier League International cup (so basically we're already in europe) , the match kicks off at 7pm at the Amex Elite Football Performance Centre .

Match preview to follow later and no idea if this will be streamed to the paying public as yet .

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Have we ever shown a live game from the performance centre?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got my ticket but after being stood in the snow at Craven Cottage last night I'm wearing about 3 layers of thermals to this.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pretty sure i've seen a live game from there via Seagulls player , can't remember when or v who though , actually given up trying to find out if our U23 games are to be streamed or not as not is mostly the answer .

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Pretty sure i've seen a live game from there via Seagulls player , can't remember when or v who though , actually given up trying to find out if our U23 games are to be streamed or not as not is mostly the answer .

The Benfica game was streamed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Looks like we've got a stream. (Well you have, I've got a ticket and my thermals!)

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/january/u23-preview-albion-welcome-german-giants/

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 13.12.10.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf-cpC9WAdOsas19JHipukA

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
:clap: Blimey wonders will never cease .

Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-23s welcome European giants Bayern Munich to the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre this evening, kick-off 7pm, as Simon Rusk’s team look to secure qualification in the Premier League International Cup.

The Seagulls can progress to the last eight of the competition with a point against their German opponents tonight, however defeat for Albion will see them exit after three matches in Group D.

Rusk’s side shared a 2-2 draw with Everton on their competition debut, before claiming three points against Benfica on the south coast, thanks to goals from Viktor Gyokeres and Aaron Connolly in a 2-0 victory.

Bayern opened their account with a 4-1 win over the Toffees last month, but were unable to add further points leading into tonight’s match, following a 1-0 defeat to Benfica on Sunday afternoon at Aldershot FC.

Tonight’s game will decide the final qualifier to the knockout stages, with Southampton, Reading, Tottenham Hotspur, Villarreal and Manchester United winning their groups to progress, while Leicester City and Dinamo Zagreb reach the next stage as the best second-placed teams.

Albion are currently three matches unbeaten, having ended 2018 with a 4-2 win against West Ham United, before 2-2 and 1-1 draws against Arsenal and Liverpool respectively.

Supporters can watch a live stream of tonight's match on the club's YouTube channel from 7pm.

Alternatively, fans can also follow a live text blog on the Match Centre this evening, with a match report, and gallery to be uploaded after the full-time whistle.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
being streamed live for those interested -

"Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-23s continue their Premier League International Cup campaign against Bayern Munich this evening – and fans can watch the game live on the club’s official YouTube channel.

The contest at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre gets underway at 7pm, and you don't have to miss a kick of the action! "

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The lesser-spotted Ahannach is on the subs bench tonight. Also of note: Sanchez is in goal and Gyokeres leads the line. Interesting.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There is a youngish look to the Albion line-up as four scholar-age lads make the starting XI (Roberts, Gwargis, Cashman and Longman). Robert Sanchez gets the call between the sticks. Soufyan Ahannach makes his long-awaited return on the bench after a serious double-leg break and Bojan Radulovic Samoukovic also makes the bench after being recalled from his loan at RCD Espanyol B.

[TWEET]1090670985529896960[/TWEET]

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I am gutted this wasn't at the Amex. There's probably a reason, but they do play the odd U23 game there and this one seems to have made more sense than most given the nature of the opposition. I know I could have got myself a ticket for the training ground, but by all accounts (I admit I've not been) it's not really the same as attending a match at a proper ground - even local non-league.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here