Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mitrović

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't break the bank for Mitrovic just because he's had a good game against us.

Other clubs will know that we are desperate for a striker as Murray reaches the end. I'd like to see more of Gyorkes (or however you spell his name). His 10 mins against West From looked promising.

Totally different types of players so no comparison really.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Some prat behind me last night was saying that TB should offer Fulham £30m now to get him in before the window shuts. Why are some people so obviously stupid.
Oh right, Fulham are really going to sell him to us at this time.
Mind you, he was also swearing at Locadia from the kick off

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't often see Dunk and Duffy bullied to that extent. Very decent striker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't break the bank for Mitrovic just because he's had a good game against us.

Other clubs will know that we are desperate for a striker as Murray reaches the end. I'd like to see more of Gyorkes (or however you spell his name). His 10 mins against West From looked promising.

But I wasn't comparing any of them.

Sorry my misreading of your post it seems as you saying that you would rather Gyokeres given more game time suggested that you prefered him to the suggestion of buying Mitrovic

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Have Brighton ever had a hard as nails striker ? I don't recall one like Mitrovic, at least not this century. Someone who can genuinely hold the ball up and flick it on for someone quick like Andone to get on to. ( not just back into defenders for a free kick or fall over/get flagged offside )

David Cameron

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Have Brighton ever had a hard as nails striker ? I don't recall one like Mitrovic, at least not this century. Someone who can genuinely hold the ball up and flick it on for someone quick like Andone to get on to. ( not just back into defenders for a free kick or fall over/get flagged offside )

Mick Ferguson was f*****’ ard . And Gerry Armstrong. There were a few in the 80s.

Also Mickey Small was a unit, with a great touch for a big man.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back

reminds me of Jimmy Case, although he was a midfielder, but with a take no prisoners attitude and the hardest shot in the league.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Ashley Barnes. He even took Refs out !

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Also last century was Ian Baird. Nasty as well as 'ard. He famously took on Darren Moore in THAT game. I saw him play in a televised 5-a-side veterans competition - he was a c*nt even then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is how Liverpool ended up with Salif Diao... Looks good in the games we happen to be watching, but is SO inconsistent. When he is on his game he is superb (as evidenced against us - excluding the gift of a pen he gave us at home), but in others he vanishes.

That said, he is 24 and still a good 4-5 years away from what should be his peak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here