Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knee jerkers

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was easier when we werent in the Premier league and we couldn't watch on telly. Shite away performances were experienced only by the 5-10% of our support who were there, and the rest of us are left largely unscarred.

Imagine if the 1-7 at Huddersfield or the 0-2 at Hull (Cameron) or the 0-3 at Donny (17th consecutive away game without a win) or the 0-3 at Walsall (Slades first game) or the 0-5 at Palace had been available to all on telly. Everyone would be permanently reduced to quivering wrecks. Then we could get over it, now we have to suffer every shite performance and get ourselves back up for the next one. I have new found respect for those who go every week, not sure I could cope

I was at the 1-7 at Huddersfield which was made even worse by the fact it was an evening game, the nearby motorway was shut, and so we had to do a detour to get to the M1, and then twice on the way home, the M1 was shut for overnight repairs so we had to do a grand tour of Leicestershire, and then Northampton. We arrived back at 5 in the morning.
Now, that is abject! Some of our fans don't know they're born.

End of old woman's rant.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Just strong opinions from people that pay there money and go . If u had then u would be agreeing with most that had been said . We have players that are just not good enough Bong , locadia. March Stephens to name four . We have a manager with no plan b even plan A is not that great playing same old players something had to change or playing like we did tonight we Will go down . Puts to much pressure to win at home but hey what do I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging from this post; f*ck all. :shrug:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Chaps, our away form has been arse-hat all season.

Only partly true

We are woeful against any of the top 6 where we just seem to adopt the approach of defend.

Otherwise we seem much better away from home, until we go 2-0 up and then it’s back to defend defend defend

There are signs of an improvement away from home, unfortunately every time we put ourselves in a position to win we manage to throw it away from being overly cautious.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Chris got his judgement wrong. When away we usually play to a level just below that of our opposition. Yesterday we were well below. Move along.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched the whole game (on a stream). Two rather moderately reasonable teams. It is always easy in hindsight to say that CH should have been more positive against a poor side, yet out usual tactics of two solid lines and hit them on the break had given us a two goal lead. Why then go all mental in the second half? But Fulham did improve and it seemed that their every chance went in (or hit the post). I didn't think any of our players had a standout bad game, so I agree with those who are sneering at the scapegoating.

As for the howls of anguish threads, and the hatred for locardia, bong, march and (I forget? who else was it who is not fit for the PL?), I expected it and refuse to depress myself by reading all that bollocks.

That said, I woke up at 5 in the morning and the first thing I though about was the 2-4, and how awful it felt to watch us capitulate. If feels really horrible and it will hang over me like a dose of Manflu till (hoefully) we win on Saturday.

But feeling shit about a result, and a performance (maybe) is a far cry from wanting several playeres 'rid' and the manager told to 'attack attack attack' or be 'got rid'. The bottom line is that we are not very good, and our league position tells the truth; will will lose most of our away games; once or twice a season we will have a horrible capitulation. Shit happens.

In a couple of years if we are still in the PL, and attracting slightly better signings (rather than the current stalking of obscure potential nobody has heard of), the club and CH may decided it is time for a new direction (posibly separately). In the meanime expect to be disappointed and occasionally infuriated. I really can't be bothered to argue the toss with people campaigning against selection of some of our players, though. They can **** off and start a fake news campaign on twatter about it, once their beds have dried out a bit.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yes, if we play that badly every game we would be in trouble. But given that overall this season we’ve played well and got a decent points return why do you think we will play so badly again?

Because barring two away games last season and also this every away game is the same . Why so many people have stopped travelling away why do u think we won’t ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Because barring two away games last season and also this every away game is the same . Why so many people have stopped travelling away why do u think we won’t ?

I would guess there were a good 4k albion fans there last night so previous poor away form did not deter people.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I would guess there were a good 4k albion fans there last night so previous poor away form did not deter people.

Having watched the highlights I’ll bet you there was not 4,000 Bha fans there last night also Fulham is one of the more favourite grounds as well as nearer

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I watched the whole game (on a stream). Two rather moderately reasonable teams. It is always easy in hindsight to say that CH should have been more positive against a poor side, yet out usual tactics of two solid lines and hit them on the break had given us a two goal lead. Why then go all mental in the second half? But Fulham did improve and it seemed that their every chance went in (or hit the post). I didn't think any of our players had a standout bad game, so I agree with those who are sneering at the scapegoating.

As for the howls of anguish threads, and the hatred for locardia, bong, march and (I forget? who else was it who is not fit for the PL?), I expected it and refuse to depress myself by reading all that bollocks.

That said, I woke up at 5 in the morning and the first thing I though about was the 2-4, and how awful it felt to watch us capitulate. If feels really horrible and it will hang over me like a dose of Manflu till (hoefully) we win on Saturday.

But feeling shit about a result, and a performance (maybe) is a far cry from wanting several playeres 'rid' and the manager told to 'attack attack attack' or be 'got rid'. The bottom line is that we are not very good, and our league position tells the truth; will will lose most of our away games; once or twice a season we will have a horrible capitulation. Shit happens.

In a couple of years if we are still in the PL, and attracting slightly better signings (rather than the current stalking of obscure potential nobody has heard of), the club and CH may decided it is time for a new direction (posibly separately). In the meanime expect to be disappointed and occasionally infuriated. I really can't be bothered to argue the toss with people campaigning against selection of some of our players, though. They can **** off and start a fake news campaign on twatter about it, once their beds have dried out a bit.

Agree mainly but to criticise poor players is not a witch hunt it is being honest and IMO Locadia was not good enough and I thought/said that at half time. Murray chased everything, a player 10 years younger just strolled around. Bong gave their wide players too much room, he was not helped by Locadia coming back too slowly.

The team fell apart in the second half in a manner that people could not understand, had we lost 2-0 I don't think people would have been so angry.

You are correct about the ups and downs , let's hope we are on an up on Saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here