Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's about time this Locadia experiment was bought to an end

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Nothing wrong with Locadia.
His performances have dipped since Bernardo suffered his injury as he added threat and support to Locadia.
It's not Locadia it is Bong.
I have been done with Bong for ages and he is the reason the left hand side has been so poor.
At one point last night Bong ran away from the player with the ball. He's the hopeless one.
Always amusing, just love it. Unbelievable.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Locadia 'puts in a shift defensively' ??? What the actual **** do some people watch? He really. really, really, doesn't. He's is just not switched on at all, with regards to tracking back. Loses his man constantly, and is never in position to shield the full back.

This post is embarrassing. If Bong is rubbish, then slate Bong. Don't blame Bong for Locadia being rubbish, FFS.

Seeing a pattern and calling it out eg. Bernardo and Locadia had a good partnership and Locadia produced very good performances compared to the Bong/Locadia partnership is embarrassing?

Bong has been our worst player on the pitch since he came back, all the big stat websites say it, you can see it from just watching games and to pretend that ANY winger wouldn't suffer playing in front of our worst player on the pitch is a bit silly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seeing a pattern and calling it out eg. Bernardo and Locadia had a good partnership and Locadia produced very good performances compared to the Bong/Locadia partnership is embarrassing?

Bong has been our worst player on the pitch since he came back, all the big stat websites say it, you can see it from just watching games and to pretend that ANY winger wouldn't suffer playing in front of our worst player on the pitch is a bit silly.

I do understand your point, and there is indeed a grain of truth in it. Knockaert looks better playing in front of Bruno than anybody else, for example.

But Bong's form is absolutely not the reason, nor an excuse, for Locadia's piss poor display last night. To try to blame his inability to get involved, his lack of a decent touch, and frankly his sheer lack of effort, on anybody other than himself is stupid. Going forward, the partnership down a flank is crucial - timing of overlaps, when to release the ball, etc. But largely it is the basics where Locadia fails - constantly out of position, failing to track runners, miles up the pitch when its switched, leaving the full back to deal with an overload. None of this can be blamed remotely on the player behind him.

You are distorting the reality, simply because you like one of the players involved, and not the other.

I'll tell it how it is (because personally I don't think EITHER of them are good enough).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I do understand your point, and there is indeed a grain of truth in it. Knockaert looks better playing in front of Bruno than anybody else, for example.

But Bong's form is absolutely not the reason, nor an excuse, for Locadia's piss poor display last night. To try to blame his inability to get involved, his lack of a decent touch, and frankly his sheer lack of effort, on anybody other than himself is stupid. Going forward, the partnership down a flank is crucial - timing of overlaps, when to release the ball, etc. But largely it is the basics where Locadia fails - constantly out of position, failing to track runners, miles up the pitch when its switched, leaving the full back to deal with an overload. None of this can be blamed remotely on the player behind him.

You are distorting the reality, simply because you like one of the players involved, and not the other.

I'll tell it how it is (because personally I don't think EITHER of them are good enough).

I was team Bong forever though, I only changed my mind when I saw the night and day difference between him and Bernardo and how we look down that side compared. Truly I think Bong does an unbelievable job when asked to do ONE job and that's keep one player out of the game, he showed it in spades last year but the job is different now and he's miles behind the curve. Locadia was shit last night no argument there, and before his run at Xmas I was getting on the wagon of getting him out in January. So to say I have a preference isn't really true. I just think Locadia has been shit for a few games now and it coincided with Bong coming back.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018

Thanks for your insight!!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Do you you really think that?
I thought it unlikely, which is why I was careful to say it's a possibility. As Mr Bloom is a gambling man, I thought it possible that he might risk (slightly) Premier League status
this month, maybe in the hope of financing a more suitable player.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Not often you see two posts this f*cking stupid next to each other. Great effort lads.
So it's impossible, is it?

I saw this and thought of you. Is that you in the background?

View attachment 104248

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
At least we are all agreed Bong is Sh*t...

Last night it wasn't Bong who was shit but Locadia who struggled to track back, made Christie look different gravy in the second half as he never got close to him and left Bong exposed all night.
Locadia only has one foot, can't get past his marker, can't head the ball, can't tackle and looks generally lazy which doesn't make him a Hughton type of player.
Other than that he is pure quality, cut our loses and get rid.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I'm sure CH does 'see it', let's not get over-cocky here. Let's try and understand.

Not that long ago we all agreed we were toothless away from home, creating next to nothing. CH changed us from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3, to be more attacking. It's worked and he's got the plaudits for it. But inevitably when you put more emphasis on attack something has to give defensively, and it's most apparent down that left side. So either we revert back to what we were doing before, or stick with this and try to improve it. Rome wasn't built in a day, likewise our defensive shape in a 4-3-3.

Last night's first half was the best half of football away from I've seen from us in the Prem, but in the second half they were irrepressible.

What would you do, back to how we played away first part of the season, or keep trying to bed in the new system?

Was tying my comment to the original question, and my comments were based upon mainly direct home observations. Wasn't there last night but listened on radio, but the comments seem to reflect what I had seen this season. If we are to get a few more points away, we need to co-ordinate left and right. If Loc goes, shift left. If March goes, shift right. At the moment (and if I see it, so do the oppo), Loc goes and stays there, leaving us a huge gap and very weak down the left, and over several games now (and it would appear last night as well), Bong has been left out to dry.

Mentioned on another thread, March running over and shouting at Loc to do his defensive job after he had advanced to support an attack, and was nowhere to be seen leaving 2 on Bong. Fortunately Bong diffused it, but I saw March run across to remonstrate with Loc and defend the free kick!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I thought it unlikely, which is why I was careful to say it's a possibility. As Mr Bloom is a gambling man, I thought it possible that he might risk (slightly) Premier League status
this month, maybe in the hope of financing a more suitable player.

So it's impossible, is it?

I saw this and thought of you. Is that you in the background?

View attachment 104248

No, you’re right. Our chairman forcing our manager to play a player he doesn’t want to in order to try and add a couple of million on to his price tag despite it increasing our chance of relegation (and losing out on the tens of millions assosicated with Prem football) isn’t impossible. It’s just really, really, really, really dumb. I’m sure Bloom is going to gamble our survival on being able to extract a couple of extra million from whoever wants Locadia. I’m also sure that Hughton would have no problem with the chairman picking the team and would welcome prying hands making his job harder.

But no, you’re right it’s not impossible. It’s also not impossible that Locadia is playing because he’s letting Hughton shag him in the arse after training. In fact, that’s probably more likely.

(The photo you tried to attach hasn’t worked. I would tell you to try again, but it’s probably not worth the effort)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here