Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's about time this Locadia experiment was bought to an end

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
We are getting killed down that left side. First West Ham and now tonight.

What has he offered going forward of late? Shambles, not sure why Hughton has caved into pressure to play him when he's so clearly not up to the level we need.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

What has he offered going forward of late? Shambles, not sure why Hughton has caved into pressure to play him when he's so clearly not up to the level we need.

Who do you think is putting this pressure on CH?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

The happy clappers are going to get you..... ..............but I totally agree, just not up to it either on the wing or down the middle!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Hes crap away really crap. He just doesn't offer the necessary cover. He was well and truly back to his old ways tonight.

He needs a rest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hes crap away really crap. He just doesn't offer the necessary cover. He was well and truly back to his old ways tonight.

He needs a rest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m afraid this is how I saw it, as did most on the coach......

He was woeful defensively tonight, offered Bong literally nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m afraid this is how I saw it, as did most on the coach......

He was woeful defensively tonight, offered Bong literally nothing.

Yep bizarrely everyone was raving about bong first half in the away end, he was marshalling Christie brilliantly.

Ok he had a dreadful second half, but he was MASSIVELY let down by locadia.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Who you bringing in for him? Knockaert? No thanks.

I think he’s doing ok. Offers a threat going forward and puts in a shift defensively which must be tough playing in front of our weakest player. Also offers a physical presence in an otherwise powder puff midfield and attack (except when Andone comes).

Locadia isn’t the one who’s place should be questioned. Bong and Stephens on the other hand.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep bizarrely everyone was raving about bong first half in the away end, he was marshalling Christie brilliantly.

Ok he had a dreadful second half, but he was MASSIVELY let down by locadia.

Good general point. At PL level, we always look at our best when our wide midfielders work closely with their full backs when we haven’t got the ball. Solidity, no space.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think he’s doing ok. Offers a threat going forward and puts in a shift defensively which must be tough playing in front of our weakest player. Also offers a physical presence in an otherwise powder puff midfield and attack (except when Andone comes).

Locadia isn’t the one who’s place should be questioned. Bong and Stephens on the other hand.

You watched a different game to me.

Knockaert offered more almost immediately than Locadia did in 70 minutes.

It is no coincidence that as soon as Solly switched sides we looked better defensively on the left.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Looked alright to me tbh. Made a few chances, the one where Propper bottled comes to mind. Regarding tracking back I recall the same being said about Jose.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Clearly not at tonight’s game then he was embarrassing. Can’t head can’t tackle can’t go round a defender , first thought always to check back a lay a ball sideways . Stood on his own on edge of box for one of there corners didn’t have a clue . Biggest waste of money club have ever spent . Knocky every day of the week should never of been dropped early in the season for March when he was by far our best player , Hughton has destroyed his confidence

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Locadia was wonderful over the Xmas period going into the new year, he was woeful at the end of last season and has been woeful since West Ham. There is a common denominator here and it isn't him. I'm not sure if it's allowed on here but his massive drop off a cliff in form has coincided with Bong back in the team. In fact, we've picked up 0/9 points since he's came back and conceded 7 goals in 3 games.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
You watched a different game to me.

Knockaert offered more almost immediately than Locadia did in 70 minutes.

It is no coincidence that as soon as Solly switched sides we looked better defensively on the left.

And far worse on the right... Knockaert partly to blame for goal 3 as got sucked out as usual leaving the crosser free.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tend to agree with this. Scapegoatism as usual.....and we don’t have much in the way of alternatives if we’re sticking with this formation at the moment anyway. Knockaert looks so far away from the player he can be (his decision-making is shockingly bad) and Jose and Ali aren’t available. The sooner we have competition for March and Jurgen the better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here