Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deadline day signings

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I truly hope they have some up their sleeves because we bloody need them. Complacency from management down to the players has crept in and we could seriously be in trouble

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have a decent squad who will avoid relegation, mainly due to our home form. We have had a very poor second half away against a relegation rival but we won't be seeing wholesale changes to a squad who've had a pretty good 1st half of the season.

Draw a line and move on to Watford

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are getting nobody in, CH has has been playing down first team January signings all season. It’d be like expecting to find a great present on Christmas eve afternoon if we start looking now :smile:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought we had already made our January signing, its just we have loaned him back immediately to his previous club for the rest of the Argentinian season

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO if Izquierdo isn't someone who will be back in the next couple of weeks then we might as well look at loaning someone as cover, or purchase if we intend on selling at least one of the four this summer.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What I find thoroughly depressing is the total lack of supply coming from the U23s.

We have top notch training facilities, a solid recruitment policy and good coaches. So why on earth has not one single u23 player been promoted to the first team? Gyokeres just about squeezed into a second choice cup team as a sub and that’s it.

How are we ever going to know if these players are good enough if they never get a chance????

I remember reading a thread on here earlier in the season about Ben White being our third choice centre back. And where is he now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What I find thoroughly depressing is the total lack of supply coming from the U23s.

We have top notch training facilities, a solid recruitment policy and good coaches. So why on earth has not one single u23 player been promoted to the first team? Gyokeres just about squeezed into a second choice cup team as a sub and that’s it.

How are we ever going to know if these players are good enough if they never get a chance????

I remember reading a thread on here earlier in the season about Ben White being our third choice centre back. And where is he now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess the plan might have been to get enough points on the table (including a win last night) and play some of them later when we are safe. I can't see them being played if we don't turn things around quickly.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We'll be fine, if we were offered a comfortable cushion above the relegation zone, as we have, back at the begnning of the season we'd have snapped their hand off. We're not in a great run of form currently but that's the PL, every side even the bottom ones have some quality and you will be punished when your standrds fall. Nothing a bit of hard work on the training pitch and a bit of belief won't fix.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot think of any players who would immediately solve our problems at a sensible price so it is better that we work to sort out the players that we already have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here