Propper - 5
Gross - 4
Locadia - 4

Murray - 7

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How did March get a better rating than Bong? Or Stevens for that matter.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Ryan - 5

Montoya - 5
Dunk - 5
Duffy - 4
Bong - 0

March - 4
Stephens - 4
Propper - 6
Gross - 5
Locadia - 3

Murray - 7

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 5; Not sure he should've been rushed back...

Montoya 5.5; Nice stuff for the first goal but struggled to keep tabs on Vietto

Duffy 6; Not his best game but he still cleared one off the line and stuck his head in to stop a certain goal from Mitrovic.

Dunk 5; Got bullied by Mitrovic unfortunately.

Bong 3; Fell apart in the second half. Not really helped by the fact Locadia can't fulfill his defensive duties. We are really missing Bernardo.

March 5.5; Some glimpses of quality but not often enough

Stephens 3; Could've cost us the game by himself with that ****ing ridiculous challenge on Schürrle when we were two up. Not really sure what he is bringing to the team at the moment.

Pröpper 6.5; Really good first half showing, not much from him in the second (we barely had the ball to be fair). Should've shot when he passed to Groß in an offside position.

Locadia 5; Produced some decent passes but his decision making was poor at times and his inability to track back leaves us exposed. Seems hesitant in the final third.

Groß 5.5; As March... Just seems to go missing for extended periods.

Murray 8; Had three chances, scored two goals and produced an incredible save from Rico at 2-2. Can't really argue with that.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 4 - partially culpable for 2nd and 3rd
Montoya 5
Bong 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 5
March 6
Propper 8
Stephens 5
Gross 5
Locadia 4 - gave Bong no help
Murray 8

Knockaert 5
Andone N/A

Traveling back now on coach. Very p!ssed off by the performance, perhaps I should have waited until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Are people seriously having Bong down as a 0? Second half he wasn't great at all but he was left utterly exposed 2 v1 time and again. Hughton's post match remarks are very pointed in regard to this.

Dunk and Ryan were most culpable for the goals really.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Are people seriously having Bong down as a 0? Second half he wasn't great at all but he was left utterly exposed 2 v1 time and again. Hughton's post match remarks are very pointed in regard to this.

I acknowledge that Bong had little protection from Locadia, but I have never seen a defender back off and back off a forward like he does and allows them enough space to make a cross or pass. When a ball is played to his man they have the luxury of having a few touches to get the ball under control because he is never close enough to put them under pressure, he should be getting much tighter to his man so that if their first touch isn’t spot on he should be able to pounce and put a challenge in. He struggles with the basics of defending irrespective of whether he was not getting protection from Locadia.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fine margins really - if Proper scores then at 3-0 it probably would have been our win. Same with Murray's glancing header which would have made it 3-2. They created chances and got lucky and their keeper was better than ours on the night.

in terms of individuals

Duffy, Propper & Murray (MOTM?) were probably 6

Locadia & Bong were 4 the rest 5.

I thought (and said) Locadia needed to be subbed at half time.Personally I would like to have seen Bassouma come on.

CH has his strengths but he is not a very good tactician beyond setting out his plan A defensive game and it showed again to night.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Bong is an extremely poor player. Look at the goals that are scored when plays! We need Bernardo back ASAP

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bong is an extremely poor player. Look at the goals that are scored when plays! We need Bernardo back ASAP

He seems the one with the most fluctuating rating, 0 to 6. Big difference.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me the reason we fell apart last night was down to the management team clearly being more concerned with a ‘Fulham reaction’ post half time. The mindset should have been about being positive ourselves and flying out for a third not allowing Fulham to boss us so effectively by dropping off and trying to soak up any intense start to the second period. Fulham are woeful defensively, yet rather more dangerous when going forward, even more so now Ryan Babel has rocked up. Yet the plan was to sit deeper and give them space to cross (although the wingers failed to protect our fullbacks granted) the ball and hope they didn’t have the quality to finish us off - well that plan was failing (clearly) at 2-1 yet we remained totally unresponsive until we were pretty much torn to shreds. So; whilst Bong, Jurgen, Stephens et al were culpable as much as Chris, he needs to examine why second bottom Fulham looked so, so potent akin to Liverpool at the Amex last season, against his system and his players.

I should reaffirm, I’m not saying we tactically decided to drop off BUT the mindset is all about containment too often - sewing the seeds of doubt into the players against teams we should be FAR more positive across 90 mins against is highly questionable - we need to believe more ermmmm Chris needs to believe more.

Ultimately I would categorise this as one of the worst overall displays since Sami and certainly in the bottom three under Hughton... worrying times.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here