Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Defiant burger-flipper tells 'bullying' vegan activists to 'bring it on'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The way they are impacting on business owners and local consumers is disgusting. Peaceful protest is one thing but some of their stunts have been disgusting.

Disgusting stunts? What have they done?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Disgusting stunts? What have they done?

Recently they targeted an independent shop in North Laine and effectively occupied it and intimidated the owner. When the towns security guards turned up and threw them out the shop one of the little darlings complained she felt intimidated. It's one thing to protest and another to intimidate a shopkeeper. They were asked to leave and didn't bringing in the small point of trespass to the problem. One day they will wind the wrong person up and get a thump ..... hopefully.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Recently they targeted an independent shop in North Laine and effectively occupied it and intimidated the owner. When the towns security guards turned up and threw them out the shop one of the little darlings complained she felt intimidated. It's one thing to protest and another to intimidate a shopkeeper. They were asked to leave and didn't bringing in the small point of trespass to the problem. One day they will wind the wrong person up and get a thump ..... hopefully.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17381433.brighton-vegan-protests-north-laine-shop-owners-fury/

I’ve just read this article. Seems to be the same lot which went into that place on West Street. I can’t see an awful lot to get worked up about to be honest. In both cases they walked in, said what they wanted to say, hung around for a bit, then left. No crimes or violence seem to have been committed. The only difference between the two protests is the response from the two business owners. First said it wasn’t a big deal. Second one claims something different; thankfully her daughter stopped by and fought off all 30 “monsters” single handedly and released mum from her imprisonment.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
He is, of course, tarring them all with the same brush. Doesn't mention 'some vegan activists', just 'vegans', as if it has ever had anything to do with him before this.

Don't eat meat? You're scum, you are... etc.

Not strictly true as well you know !

"A BURGER van owner says he is not scared of vegan protesters"

"The 39-year-old said he has become increasingly upset with “bullying” vegan activists who have been targeting independent stores in the city in the last couple of months."

“I encourage debate. I’m not scared. Bring it on.”

Nowhere does he suggest you're scum if you don;t eat meat.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17381433.brighton-vegan-protests-north-laine-shop-owners-fury/

I’ve just read this article. Seems to be the same lot which went into that place on West Street. I can’t see an awful lot to get worked up about to be honest. In both cases they walked in, said what they wanted to say, hung around for a bit, then left. No crimes or violence seem to have been committed. The only difference between the two protests is the response from the two business owners. First said it wasn’t a big deal. Second one claims something different; thankfully her daughter stopped by and fought off all 30 “monsters” single handedly and released mum from her imprisonment.

Says the person that got all worked up about his quiet pint/meal being disturbed by a drunken group the other week !!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not strictly true as well you know !

"A BURGER van owner says he is not scared of vegan protesters"

"The 39-year-old said he has become increasingly upset with “bullying” vegan activists who have been targeting independent stores in the city in the last couple of months."

“I encourage debate. I’m not scared. Bring it on.”

Nowhere does he suggest you're scum if you don;t eat meat.

I was actually paraphrasing post #16 on here, a post made by the same person HT was replying to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Says the person that got all worked up about his quiet pint/meal being disturbed by a drunken group the other week !!!!

It’s a stretch to say I was worked up. I left and went to St John instead; not exactly a hardship.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another slow news day for the Argus, it seems. However, the comments below the article are worth a skim, if only because they make similar debates on NSC look like havens of sanity and rational argument in comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Argus comments are always from the same bunch of trolling weirdo’s from political extremities and the spiteful, at virtual war with each other. It can make amusing reading. Definitely makes the debates on NSC look (generally) classy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is, of course, tarring them all with the same brush. Doesn't mention 'some vegan activists', just 'vegans', as if it has ever had anything to do with him before this.

Don't eat meat? You're scum, you are... etc.

Vegans are the new cyclists.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Argus comments are always from the same bunch of trolling weirdo’s from political extremities and the spiteful, at virtual war with each other. It can make amusing reading. Definitely makes the debates on NSC look (generally) classy.

I used to quite enjoy reading the keyboard arguments in the Argus comments sections. I just can't use the Argus website anymore though. It seems like every time I open it it's become even slower and more full of ads and popups. I understand the need for advertising, but they've made the site almost unusable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to quite enjoy reading the keyboard arguments in the Argus comments sections. I just can't use the Argus website anymore though. It seems like every time I open it it's become even slower and more full of ads and popups. I understand the need for advertising, but they've made the site almost unusable.

Same here. Got used to the names of the main adversies ... who largely seemed to be Green and Labour voters who really do loathe each other, with the odd hang-em right winger. Maxwell’s Ghost, HJarrs, etc.

The pop up, freezing and all the other shite made it unreadable, as they desparately fight going bust (paper sales down from 100,000 to 10,000). My ipad/iphone Ad Guard has successfully cut out 90% of their crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here