Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rlwc 2021

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of, if not, the biggest sporting event of 2021 and it's here in England :O

Lets hope we can go one better than our heartbreaking World Cup final defeat at the hands of Australia 13 months ago.

Stadia announced this morning and some big, iconic sporting vvenues being utilised in what should be a fantastic tournament. Tickets priced very sensibly too ranging from £20 - £275 for adults, with over 60% available at under £35, which in todays climate is very good indeed.

Newcastle - St James' Park (52,405 capacity)
Sheffield - Bramall Lane (32,702) & English Institute of Sport
Doncaster - Keepmoat Stadium (15,231)
Hull - KCOM Stadium (25,586)
York - York Community Stadium (8,005)
Huddersfield - John Smith's Stadium (24,500)
Leeds - Elland Road (37,890) & Headingley Stadium (21,062)
Liverpool - Anfield (54,074)
Manchester - Old Trafford (74,994)
Preston - Deepdale (10,400)
St. Helens - Totally Wicked Stadium (18,000)
Warrington - Halliwell Jones Stadium (15,200)
Leigh & Wigan - Leigh Sports Village (12,000)
Bolton - University of Bolton Stadium (28,723)
Swindon - County Ground Community Arena (13,404)
London - Emirates Stadium (60,260) & Copper Box Arena (7,500)
Middlesbrough - Riverside Stadium (34,742)
Workington - Workington Community Stadium (under construction)
Coventry - Ricoh Arena (32,609)

England (hosts), Australia (holders), Fiji, France, Jamaica, Lebanon, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga, Wales, plus five other European teams (from Greece, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Poland, Malta, Turkey and Scotland) and three other qualifiers from Cook Islands, South Africa, Brazil, India, China and USA.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was in Australia during the WC in 2017, and from what I could tell from the TV coverage and speaking to the locals, a stadium of 10000 capacity would be more than adequate for all the games bar the final which had the hosts in it, which was a 40000 crowd in a 52000 seat stadium. That said, I quite fancy some of this, will look out for who is playing in the London stadiums.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of, if not, the biggest sporting event of 2021 and it's here in England :O

England (hosts), Australia (holders), Fiji, France, Jamaica, Lebanon, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga, Wales, plus five other European teams (from Greece, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Poland, Malta, Turkey and Scotland) and three other qualifiers from Cook Islands, South Africa, Brazil, India, China and USA.

I assume you'll be getting Australia in the sweepstake?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was in Australia during the WC in 2017, and from what I could tell from the TV coverage and speaking to the locals, a stadium of 10000 capacity would be more than adequate for all the games bar the final which had the hosts in it, which was a 40000 crowd in a 52000 seat stadium. That said, I quite fancy some of this, will look out for who is playing in the London stadiums.

We’re sport mad over here and with competitive pricing I think you will see some huge crowds and indeed some games will be oversubscribed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here